Our client, an established engineering services firm with a burgeoning presence in the aerospace and defense sector is seeking a Project Manager to be part of a customer delivery team managed by the Senior Delivery Manager. This position will require some travel to our client's offices and customer locations to meet with clients, employees, and internal business partners at other locations.
The Project Manager will work closely with our client's internal support functions to deliver a great customer experience while providing leadership and direction to the project teams and ensures that all projects meet their Cost, Quality and Timing requirements. This role requires maintaining and growing relationships with key customer stakeholders and our client's consultants to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall account operations and management plan including project management, resource acquisition, scheduling and performance management for two client locations in Wayne, NY & Manassas, VA.
- Supervise, mentor, train and lead multiple individual contributors to ensure that all projects meet their defined objectives (cost, quality and on-time delivery)
- Develop and manage the design and analysis from Concept through Completion including but not limited to:
* Detailed analysis
* Developing relevant documentation (i.e. design briefs, data releases, engineering reports, validation report, risk report, test results)
* Coordinate/Conduct Design Reviews Internally and Externally as required
- Build and maintain strong customer relations and active communication at all levels of the organization
- Coordinate meetings with customer-s technical stakeholders to facilitate design reviews, support workflow development and adherence and scope development.
- Work with customer-s functional stakeholders to facilitate process and workflow development, scope development, resource and work forecasting and issues resolution.
- Maintain, monitor and manage project budgets; plan, control and allocate resources required to meet project requirements.
- Develop, maintain and circulate both internally and to key customer stakeholders, timely reporting of account level metrics as needed.
- Develop, implement and manage employee performance and development plans to meet overall program goals under the guidance of the Senior / Delivery Manager.
- Ensure compliance to customer specifications, quality standards, regulatory requirements, company work rules and procedures and safety requirements.
- Provide direction to the Project Coordinator, Customer Support Associate and the recruiting team to ensure that scheduled tasks are completed in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy and customer service.
- Coordinate with our client's support functions to provide timely support for customer/employee requirements and resolution to customer/employee issues.
- Provide support to our client's finance team to ensure that all billing and invoicing activities are completed in a timely manner and with a high level of accuracy.
Education and Experience Requirements
- US Citizenship required per government requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or equivalent; advanced degree(s) are a plus
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance (active clearance is preferred)
- At least 10 years of proven experience in Embedded Systems or related industry
- At least 5 years of progressive responsibilities managing design projects and leading teams for projects in the Aerospace & Defense industry
- Previous experience providing Engineering Services to aerospace or other embedded systems industries including training, development and day-to-day responsibility of technical / engineering teams.
- The ability to grasp technical concepts and plans quickly, a must.
Familiarity with Current standards like DO-178B for development and test requirements of hardware and software.
- Familiarity with Earned-Value (EV) and Earned value Management Systems (EVMS), desired.
- Experience in developing and reviewing Scope of Work (SOW) for performance, deliverables, Staffing, and equipment needs to perform to SOW.
- Ability to produce and status detailed schedules and tasks lists/budgets and support overall technical and program status, billing/invoicing and EV.
- Ability to travel as business dictates.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Friday, August 3, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!