Elite Technical is seeking an experienced electrical systems engineer for a long-term contract position with a highly regarded aerospace client located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Our client designs, builds, integrates, and tests weather and climate space instruments. These instruments contain complex analog, power, digital, and FPGA electronics. Responsibilities for this particular role will include electrical system architecture, system requirement definition, technical documentation development, requirement verification, and leading electrical technical teams. This position will also assist the Project Manager in giving technical customer presentations and insuring schedule and budget objectives are met.
Due to the nature of the work to be performed, any candidate seeking to be considered for this position must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering and 12 years relevant engineering work experience; or equivalent.
- 10 years electrical system design
- 10 years analog & digital design
- 10 years technical specification and interface control document generation
- 10 years leading technical teams
- Allocate system level requirements to applicable sub-systems and components
- Ability to perform functional analysis, detailed trade studies, advise alternate approaches, and perform interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware specifications
- Ability to perform risk analysis, including identifying and assessing project risks related to the electrical design. Ability to develop and execute risk mitigation plans and management of risks on projects. Ability to provide risk avoidance and risk mitigation strategies related to the electrical design to project managers
- Ability to develop and review electrical engineering documentation to ensure they meet electrical system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Design experience related to cross-strapping and single point failure elimination
- Ability to effectively communicate to and interact with all stakeholders (customers, contract management, technical personnel, and business personnel)
- Ability to mentor other electrical system engineers and provide guidance on electrical project execution
- DOD Top Secret clearance
- Experience defining grounding architecture to satisfy EMI and EMC requirements
- Space Electronics Design Experience
- Experience in designing electrical systems, circuits, and sub-system components that include nuclear hardening and survivability techniques and implementations related to system-generated electromagnetic pulse (SGEMP), internal electromagnetic pulse (IEMP) burnout, total-dose degradation, photocurrent burnout, charging analysis, and single-event upset & recovery.
Fort Wayne, IN
Monday, August 27, 2018
Monday, August 6, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!