Our client has an immediate full-time opening for an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist with federal contracting experience to join their Accounting Team. The AP Specialist will focus on processing the AP cycle from receiving the vendor set up, daily voucher processing; cash disbursements, and 1099 reporting.
The position is currently 100% REMOTE, but will move to a "hybrid" schedule with 1-2 days per week in their McLean office.
- Sets up vendors in accordance with company policies and IRS reporting requirements.
- Reviews, codes, and enters vouchers for all types of vendors to include expense reports, subcontractors, consultants, utilities etc. on a timely basis.
- Works with internal managers to obtain approval of invoices to insure timely payment in accordance with payment terms.
- Can perform general analysis and reconciliations of employee advance accounts and other misc. GL accounts.
- Understands government contracting (the difference between indirect and direct costs), fiscal accounting period close dates, the chart of accounts, CostPoint project coding, and CostPoint Subcontractor module.
- Performs month end AP reconciliations, as required.
- Clerical tasks to include filing, boxing data, copying etc.
- Annual reporting for IRS 1099 preparation and reconciliations
- Must have experience processing Accounts Payable in Deltek CostPoint.
- Minimum 5 years- experience processing Accounts Payable for Government Contractors.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on MS Excel.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be deadline driven, fast paced, organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to give and receive candid feedback in an open, results-oriented environment.
Monday, May 17, 2021
Thursday, April 29, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!