Immediate contract to permanent opportunity with our customer, who is supporting the NYPD-s SOC revamping effort in Manhattan NY. We are seeking a Senior SOC Analyst with demonstrated experience supporting the development of processes, procedures, and automations to rapidly ingest, aggregate, correlate, normalize, analyze event messages to absurdly identify and respond to Indicators of Compromise (IoC). The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and perpetual learner who is excited to solve some of our clients- toughest challenges. To be successful the candidate must have experience working in a mature 24x7x365 Security Operation Center. Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and responding to security events using client-s security information and event management (SEIM) system.
- Performing incident identification and assisting with security policy violations, conducting investigations, reporting/communicating infractions, eradicating/mitigating/remediating IoCs, and performing continuous monitoring.
- Evaluating Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) for applicability as a potential internal/external attach vector, developing recommendation to eliminate vulnerability/weakness.
- Developing and maintaining information system security and SOC documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and provide guidance on active Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Monitoring system recovery processes to ensure security features and functions are properly restored and functioning correctly following an outage.
- Support a SOC Maturity Model assessment.
Although this position is currently 100%, we are seeking candidate in the local NY area who is willing to be onsite once deemed safe. Want to learn more? Then contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with relevant certifications. Seeking a minimum of a Security+ certification
- Minimum of 3 years- experience conducting analysis of log data in support of intrusion analysis or information security operations.
- Knowledge of the function and operation of SIEM technologies such as QRadar, Splunk, LogRhythm, etc. is required (QRadar is required)
- Experience with two or more analysis tools used in a CIRT or similar investigative environment.
- Ability to build content in SEIM system.
- Ability to analyze and triage IoCs.
- Proven understanding of computer and network fundamentals
- Ability to perform in-depth research tasks and produce written summaries to include insights and predictions based on an analytical process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of current cyber threats, trends, attack lifecycle, and various Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Strong analytical mindset with an open and engaging personality
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and categorizing threat intelligence data from multiple sources to author actionable intelligence reports
- Ability to interpret complex cybersecurity topics and effectively communicate or present information to various groups of stakeholders (Executives, SOC, etc.)
- Deep understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, vulnerabilities, encryption, or other advanced areas of expertise
New York, NY
Monday, November 29, 2021
6 month T2P
Monday, November 15, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!