Our client is seeking a Software Engineering Architect with hands-on experience in developing, implementing and leading software teams to support a DoD client. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the performance of existing software code, with duties to design and update software databases. Directly influence strategy formulation on how to achieve rapid prototyping of capabilities.
This is a direct fulltime employee with our client. The role is mostly remote with some onsite (typically once a month on base to access secured data).
- Use Lean, Agile and DevSecOps best practices to iteratively build applications in support of critical USAF missions.
- Use Extreme Programming and DevSecOps best practices to iteratively build features of the application for testing and feedback.
- Write test scripts in an agile software development environment with an emphasis on automated test procedures, and continuous integration and continuous delivery of software.
- Teach others troubleshooting techniques, design patterns, and testing strategies in order to train and upskill less experienced engineers.
- Discuss future limitations with a forward-thinking approach in resolving roadblocks presented by current strategy.
- Stay informed on the latest software architectures and trends from design patterns to DevSecOps and systems architecture patterns.
- Guide technical decisions in order to migrate legacy systems to the cloud.
- US Citizen due to government requirement
- Must possess an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Superior communication skills and ability to brief executive-level leaders with little notice.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including design, code, test and deployment.
- Ability to provide recommendations to improve existing software applications and development processes.
- 8 years of non-internship professional Full-Stack Software development experience (Java, Web services, Database, and/or web application development)
- 4 years of experience with DevSecOps tools and processes such as Git, Concourse, GitLabCI, SonarQube, Fortify, and ThreadFix
- 3 years of experience with front end frameworks like React or Vue
- 5 years of experience with Extreme Programming practices (Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, CI/CD, etc.)
- 4 years of experience contributing to software architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of both new and existing
- 2 years of experience using container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- 3 years training, upskilling, and/or mentoring engineers
- Bachelor-s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
Monday, August 22, 2022
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!