***Home Based / 100% Remote (U.S. Central or Eastern Time Zones only)***
Our client has a commercial customer in the healthcare space seeking a
Server and Backup Engineer. This is a technical hands-on role with responsibility to directly engineer and configure server and backup technology. The role will report to the IT Principal of Infrastructure Services. The Server and Backup Engineer will own the design and implementation of the company Windows servers and their backups.
Our client is looking to onboard as a 6 month contract with the option to extend or convert to a fulltime employee based on job performance and business need.
- Plan, design, and implement server management strategy
- Design, build, and maintain storage solutions for multi-platform needs on-premises and in public cloud environments.
- Develop governance, processes, road maps, and upgrade and test plans for servers
- Establish processes to ensure an accurate catalog (CMDB), accountability, and status of devices
- Establish processes for reliable O&M, change management, and security of devices
- Work with security to develop and implement standards for device configuration
- Develop processes for joining, updating, and disenrolling devices
- Determine performance metrics to evaluate security, configuration, and accountability of servers
- Inform leadership on risks in the management and security of servers
- Create dashboards to provide quick and accurate information on all managed servers
- Manage device hardware selection process (ie. CPU, disk, RAM and network) from various OEM vendors to support business functions and required business software
- 10+ years- experience in server & backup engineering and management:
- Troubleshooting and deploying Window server 2012-2019
- Act as the highest point of escalation for Tier 2 and Tier 1 support.
- Experienced with Veeam backup technologies
- Experienced with VMware
- Server management, troubleshooting and maintenance both on-prem and remote
- Experience in packaging and managing software distribution for large enterprise environments, deploying hotfixes, security patches and full device upgrades
- Strong understanding of disaster recovery solutions and strategies in an enterprise environment.
Thursday, January 27, 2022
6 months w/ CTH option
Monday, December 5, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!