Our client, a Federal Healthcare organization in SW Washington, DC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support their server operations team to provide engineering operational support of Windows and Linux servers. Platforms include; VMware, Active Directory, Exchange, Lync and Veeam. The expectation of the position is comprised of system enhancements, focused initiatives and operational engineering support. Standard tasks include:
- Support a complex server environments consisting of Citrix, VMware, server monitoring solutions, enterprise backup technologies, disaster recovery planning and execution, Active Directory, Exchange, Group policy, SAN technology, and DNS.
- Develop and communicating standards as well as collaborating with constituent functions on new solutions
- Collaborate with other internal teams to map new requirements to standards.
- Capture cross platform performance statistics and conduct capacity planning
- Ensure installed systems and applications are performing as required
- Lead security initiatives on a regular cycle
- Assist with developing and implementing solutions to automate manual processes
- Create and/or maintain and enhance team standard operation procedures; create project documentation for any new projects assigned.
This position is a 6-12 month, contract-to-permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary and benefits. Please contact Elite Technical immediately for consideration!
(1) 8+ years Server and Network System Engineering experience
(2) Engineering support of the following platforms
o Server hardware, storage and clustering
o VMware Virtualization
o Active Directory
o Server and host security
o Solid Networking skills; TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, LAN/WAN, VLANs etc..
o Automation Scripting (PowerShell, Visual Basic, etc.)
(3) Preferred skills and background
o Industry certifications including; MS, VMware, Red Hat, Cisco etc..
o Technical Support of Red Hat Linux host systems
o Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
o DevOps framework
(4) Professional attributes
o Create Technical roadmaps
o Excellent oral and written communications
o Ability to present and discuss technical information
o Ability to establishes rapport
o Manage multiple tasks and work under pressure
(5) BS Degree in Computer Science (or related)
Are you qualified and interested in learning more about this BI Professional opportunity? If so, contact Elite Technical for immediate consideration.
**About the Organizations**
From health to wealth to well-being, Elite Technical believes that you deserve the best. We offer our team members an assigned recruiter representative, proactive support, competitive compensation, weekly payroll cycle and access to a comprehensive benefits program.
Our client is an exceptional organization servicing the Federal Marketplace offering Health Insurance. They are experiencing exceptional growth and have a track record of integrating professionals into the organization and providing opportunities for learning, career growth and advancement.
Monday, February 4, 2019
6-12 month T2P
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!