Elite Technical is seeking a field technician in the Tallahassee area to support a very highly regarded IT Services client. This project involves modernizing much of the existing network/telecom backbone for the State of Florida-s voice/data systems. Our client will be transitioning the existing infrastructure to a new series of 6 POP nodes in different areas of the state and then migrating thousands of remote sites over to the new MPLS backbone. The network will offer access to customers through Ethernet, Frame Relay and/or DSL gateways.
Under general supervision, the selected field technicians will perform network and telecom installation, configuration, test and turn-up to a wide variety of network and telecommunications systems, equipment, cabling, and to other related systems and equipment in the assigned region. The Field Technician will also perform other related work as required.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, test and turn up of network equipment such as routers, switches and related cabling.
- Assist with setup and configuration of system hardware and software.
- Ensure systems and related equipment are in working condition through connectivity testing.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Install hardware and software as needed.
- Maintain records.
- Work with minimal supervision - work may be done without established procedures.
From a general perspective, this is a support level position requiring knowledge of the installation, configuration, test and turn up of network equipment and the ability to:
- install, test and turn up related systems;
- operate, repair and maintain related systems and equipment;
- operate related tools and equipment;
- troubleshoot and repair microprocessor based control and communication equipment;
- maintain accurate records and prepare reports;
- communicate effectively as well as establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the customer.
More specifically, the position requires a substantial mix of the following knowledge and/or skills:
- must be proficient in using a laptop to set configurations on equipment such as Cisco routers and other components of an IP Network.
- good working knowledge of different network cables and connectors, as well as the ability to run and connect cables to network equipment;
- familiarity with installation, configuration and testing of Cisco switches and routers;
- willingness and ability to work outside regularly scheduled hours to meet operational needs and to respond to after-hours emergency calls as required;
- willingness to be responsive to callouts and periodic on call availability including working with centralized control centers;
- excellent customer service skills;
- ability to work in high-stress and high-visibility environment; and
- professional appearance.
- AA/AS degree, or equivalent, plus 2 years of telecommunications/network technician experience is required;
- Must be willing to travel (up to 100% of the time) to remote sites within the service region. On occasion, technicians may be asked to travel outside of their assigned region as well;
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver-s License and a satisfactory driving record, as conditions of initial (and continued) employment;
- Capable of lifting 70 pounds;
- Capable of utilizing ladders and step stools to reach heights of approximately 10 feet.
This position may eventually require the selected candidate to obtain government security clearances. As a result, all candidates must be US Citizens and able to provide proof of citizenship.
Friday, September 28, 2018
Friday, September 7, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!