Elite Technical is seeking an experienced Network Planning Engineer for a direct-hire opportunity with a world-class client on Florida's beautiful Space Coast. Due to the nature of the work performed by our client, any candidate wishing to apply for this position must be a U.S. Citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a government clearance. Relocation assistance is a possibility for the right candidate.
The selected candidate will participate in the design and implementation of telecommunications solutions necessary to fulfill order requirements on a key government network. The Network Planning Engineer will work in conjunction with Customer Provided Equipment (CPE) Engineering to ensure Telco access/transport designs are compatible with equipment solutions.
Provide regular project/service status to management and leadership in order to provide schedule and cost input on all service orders.
Assist Telco Provisioning in resolving technical and administrative issues with in-process orders to carriers.
Write, submit and coordinate all service related release documents (Maintenance Release, Cut Sheet, TSO/PON, etc.) to the maintenance, provisioning and field team as required.
Provide technical support as needed to the service activation center (SAC) and the Primary Network Operations Control Center (PNOCC) in the turn-up and restoration of services, respectfully.
Participate in proposal development and new program implementation.
Contribute to continued development of new and existing procedures for implementing and maintaining telecommunications solutions/systems.
Our client is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company (and its approximately 23,000 employees - including 9,000 engineers and scientists) is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems with network focus, Telecommunications Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology with at least 6 years of experience or Master's Degree with 4 years of experience.
- Understanding of LEC/CLEC & IXC connectivity and infrastructure
- Basic domain knowledge of carrier (LEC/CLEC) and inter-exchange carrier (IXC) connectivity
- WAN/LAN, TDM and Voice switching systems; TCP/IP, Frame Relay, ATM and specific routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and RIP; VoIP, DWDM, CTI and VPN technologies
- Knowledge of telecommunications carrier ordering systems and processes.
Monday, July 30, 2018
Thursday, July 12, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!