Elite Technical is seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer for a long-term position in Palm Bay, FL. The person filling this position will lead manufacturing related activities on programs and prototypes for avionics and space applications. The type of hardware produced at this client location is often complex, containing circuit card assemblies (CCAs), microelectronic assemblies, cable harnesses and higher level system assemblies.
- Interfacing with design engineers to ensure hardware producibility developing build strategies
- Planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process resources
- Generating assembly documentation and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing tasks.
- Candidate will assist with high visibility manufacturing efforts with formal cost and schedule responsibilities and direct customer interface.
- Support process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Design and develop manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
- Plan and support the build and modification of electronics systems including procurement support, assembly method/work instructions generation, tooling design support, material/process development, facilities/equipment planning, and resolution of manufacturing, quality and reliability issues.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Support the root cause and corrective action process.
Due to the nature of the work to be performed, any candidate seeking consideration must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, electrical, aerospace or industrial engineering with minimum of 3 years industry experience.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for SMT CCAs as well as microelectronic assembly processes for MCMs and Hybrids (i.e. die attach, wire bonding, dispensing, hermetic sealing, etc.).
- 3 years of experience in applying best practice FMEA/DFMA/DTC methodologies.
- Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems is preferred.
- Background in the development/LRIP manufacturing efforts is preferred.
- Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring such to production is preferred.
- Knowledge of MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (Mil-Std 883, Mil-Perf-38534, IPC-610, etc.), is a plus
- Good communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management and customers are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc. is preferred.
Palm Bay, FL
Monday, September 10, 2018
Monday, August 20, 2018
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!