As a member of the CIS Division, you will participate in all phases of a project's development cycle, from the feasibility study through the production implementation. The Associate will participate in projects supporting the Computer Generated Ordering (CGO) functions, batch jobs, and related programs. In addition to working with the CGO Projects committee , the associate will be expected to work closely with associates of the CGO Help group - who directly support store associates using the CGO functions. Under the general direction of senior staff members, this position may be required to function independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a challenging, fast paced work environment requiring strong problem-solving skills, team collaboration, open communication, and a passion for learning. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. The Mainframe Developer will translate application storyboards and use-cases into functional applications, design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications. In addition, this position will identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues while helping maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (6 years).
2. Demonstrated software development experience, including requirements analysis, relational database design, and production support.
3. Experience with Mainframe, COBOL, JCL, SQL and DB2 Stored procedures.
4. The candidate should demonstrate the ability for self-learning and motivation.
5. Skill for writing reusable libraries.
6. Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code.
7. Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
8. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound decision-making abilities.
10. Ability to troubleshoot issues and recommend solutions in an interactive setting.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills.
12. Exceptional customer service skills.
Monday, June 29, 2020
Monday, June 8, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!