Our client is an industry leader in designing and manufacturing high quality, innovative ice storage
bins, ice storage and transport systems, ice machines, ice and water dispensers, ice and beverage dispensers, and
medical-grade refrigerators and freezers for the foodservice and healthcare industries. Great opportunity and Compensation!
We currently looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Healthcare/Life Sciences Engineering Team!
This key position will contribute to the strategic growth of the Healthcare/Life Science business unit by launching
new products and innovative features in the refrigerator and freezer lines. The successful candidate will lead their
team in delivering new product launches, quality improvement and cost reduction projects; providing Engineering
expertise in refrigeration; resolving product performance issues; sourcing suppliers; and managing staff.
- Collaborates with Marketing and other functions in defining new products and projects.
- Meets key project deliverables by defining scope, requirements, milestones, and measures of success;
assigning appropriate resources; managing progress, schedule, budgets, and delivery timelines; validating
design and test results.
- Achieves Engineering initiatives and objectives by clarifying outcomes; conferring with other functions,
suppliers, and external resources; establishing key metrics; managing individual results; monitoring progress
and reporting to upper management.
- Provides engineering expertise by consulting in the development, design, improvement, upgrade,
performance, cost-reduction, quality, manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability.
- Designs new product by studying customer requirements, market demands, and competitors' products;
conferring with other members of management; directing and approving design and modification activities.
- Supports patent and trademark application by identifying and resolving potential intellectual property
opportunities and infringement risks associated with new product designs.
- Ensures the adherence of products to current requirements of UL, NSF, CE, CSA, and other government
regulations by certifying accurate product design documentation and specifications, including 3D CAD
assembly models, component details, bills of material, critical process parameters and assembly requirements
to insure product quality.
- Bachelor-s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field; advanced engineering or business degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a management-level, lead or principal engineer position in commercial refrigerated
products or appliances with reliability engineering and value engineering.
- Expertise in refrigeration system engineering including advanced thermodynamics, heat exchange, air flow,
refrigeration component selection, and insulation, preferred.
- Expertise in the design and development of refrigerator and/or freezers. Refrigeration experience a MUST.
- Demonstrated product development/project management success.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with mechanical design, appliance controls and components, and
refrigeration system design and applications.
Monday, January 11, 2021
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!