Elite Technical is seeking an experienced Magnetics Design Engineer for a direct hire position in the Orlando, FL area (Longwood) with a global manufacturer of high-grade passive components. The selected candidate will be a member of a cross functional team that develops new products for demanding aerospace and high complexity applications.
The primary function of this role is to develop new inductor and transformer designs that will include :
- Manufacturing instructions
- Test procedures
- Risk analysis
- Compliance Matrix
- Provide other engineering expertise and support to drive rapid development of new technologies, new products and successful new production launch. Other duties will include:
- Support Engineering Tiger Team in rapid development of prototypes, performance validation testing including AS9102 First Article Inspection Reports and Agency qualifications as needed.
- Monitor assigned projects and remedy delays and roadblocks to assure timely completion.
- Perform other engineering support and troubleshooting to remedy operational roadblocks and complete other actions as designated.
- Collaborate with suppliers of specialty components and services.
- Communicate with customers concerning technical requirements of new product designs.
Due to the nature of the work to be performed, any candidate seeking consideration must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident Green Card Holder.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar STEM discipline (MS preferred)
- Strong organizational, leadership and negotiation skills with suppliers and colleagues - in US and abroad
- Strong passion and ability to learn and grow in a fast paced environment leveraging critical thinking
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design and development of inductors, transformers, and other magnetic components including related electro-mechanical assembly processes (soldering, lead assembly, core assembly and encapsulation).
- Applicants must meet eligibility requirements for access to export controlled data.
Strong technical foundation is necessary in:
Circuit components including inductors, resistors, capacitors, and transformers
Circuit analysis methods
Electrical instruments including DMM, DSO, power meters, network analyzers, programmable automatic test fixtures
Basic Physics (Electromagnetic Theory)
Effective hands on methods to identify root cause and implement corrective action
MS Excel, SolidWorks, Spice, MathCad, or other equivalent software
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Monday, February 8, 2021
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!