Our client, a Federal Healthcare Insurance organization in Washington DC, has an immediate job opening for a Senior Mainframe DB2 DBA to provide day-to-day database support, specifically around application database development by creating and modifying database objects in large database/partitions. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Support application database development by creating and modifying database objects
- Execute all required DB2 utilities (performance tuning, database administration, troubleshooting)
- Support the cloning of new database environments
- Work with Security team to ensure database environments are secure
- Automate database procedures
Currently, our client is 100% remote with plans to return to the Washington DC office in mid/late 2021. This is a long term contract engagement with the expectation of conversion to FTE status, and/or multiple contract extensions. If you are a Mainframe DB2 DBA, then you should contact Elite Technical Immediealty for consideration!
6+ years of relative experience:
- Experience in supporting large DB2 z/OS database environment
- Experience working with large databases, table partitions etc.
- Strong knowledge of performance tuning, database administration, troubleshooting, Utilities, for DB2
- Experience working with data migration across databases is required
- Experience with scripting languages such as VB Script, VBA is a plus
- Knowledge of SAS, Optim, Qrep, REXX is considered a BIG PLUS
Monday, March 29, 2021
12 months++ (Poss T2P)
Monday, March 1, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!