Our client a premier Health Insurance member services provider in Washington DC has an immediate Lead Engineer temp to perm opening that is a subject matter expert that will oversee the business and technical management of the IT Asset Management (ITAM) capability for hardware and software lifecycles within the IT Infrastructure and Operations department. This includes integration of the Micro Focus IT Operations Management (ITOM) suite of tools, uCMDB, Asset Manager, Service Manager/Service Management Automation X (SMAX), 3rd party integrations such as Flexera Technopedia, Microsoft SCCM and others, to enable hardware and software inventory, maintenance and licensing management from procurement to retirement of hardware or software. Tasks include:
- All areas of configuration, all applicable IT interfaces, and extracts or extensions that are utilized by Micro Focus Universal Configuration Management Database (uCMDB)
- Connect_IT scripting, Asset Manager and integrations with the Flexera Technopedia and the ability to create custom Connect_IT scenarios
- Analysis of more complex requirements to translate into Micro Focus Asset Managerand/or uCMDB application configuration capability
The selected System Engineers will be joining the IT Service Management team and be establishing close working relationships with Infrastructure and applications teams, IT managers responsible for hardware and software management, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement, Finance, and the leadership team on proactive reporting and compliance activities. This role will establish and sustain key partnerships, and critical working relationships, with each team-s process owner for IT hardware and software Asset Management. This position focuses on linking the IT Asset Management functions within Information Technology with company strategic planning, marketing efforts, financial goals and company initiatives.
1. Expert in tactical use of the Micro Focus uCMDB system for education and advancement of organization.
2. Strong project management and technical leadership skills.
3. The internal drive, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn, and desire to help the customers succeed
4. Strong technical skills and ability to work proactively.
5. Comfortable working under Project Manager supervision.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in the Information Technology asset management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Accounting or Finance or directly related equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5+ years with the Micro Focus uCMDB, Asset Manager application, Web and thick client, FlexeraTechnopedia and Connect-it tools.
- Knowledge of Micro Focus uCMDB Discovery and Universal Discovery (UD) push adaptors to Micro FocusAsset Manager and Service Manager tools.
- Strong understanding of the UD Data structure and how it integrates in Asset Manager and ServiceManager/SMAX.
- The ability to translate data requirements to actionable output from the Flexera Technopedia tool.
- Previous development experience with Micro Focus Asset Manager Workflow engine.
- Technical development of Micro Focus Asset Manager (Tables, Fields, links, screens, etc.) utilizing MicroFocus Application Designer.
- Experience with Micro Focus Automated Process Manager and scheduling Micro Focus Asset Manageractions.
- Strong understanding of software Licensing concepts in the Asset Management tool (PVU, MLA etc.).
- Ability update/develop complex software licensing counters.
- The ability to create Micro Focus Connect-it scenarios from various data sources to Micro Focus AssetManager.
- Strong ability to solve complex data issues and implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in driving and implementation of ITAM process changes.
- Strong knowledge of how the ITAM process fits into the overall ITOM processes.
- Previous experience with Workflow and Rules Engine.
- Excellent application performance tuning and trouble shooting skills.
Monday, April 19, 2021
Contract/Temp to Hire
9 months +
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!