Full Time/Direct Opportunity for a Ship focused (Preferably Navy) Project Engineer to support our customer, a maritime organization focused on delivering the best engineered solutions in marine interiors, distributed ship systems, electromechanical solutions, insulation, and automation and control. The selected candidate will perform Project Engineering duties to monitor progress of multi discipline tasks and provide guidance on executing contractual tasks with a strong focus on interior related tasks (Hull, Mechanical, Electrical, Furniture, Outfitting etc..) Specific duties include:
- Lead site/ship checks for structural drawing development.
- Review vendor installation control drawings to develop technical guidance packages.
- Prepare technical guidance packages for the development of ship installation drawings.
- Lead development efforts for drawing and work specifications for maritime upgrades.
- Provide expertise to assist in proposal and bid creations.
- Prepares layouts and specifications, review designs and drawings, and assures that the deliverable meets performance requirements.
This position is located in Norfolk, VA with some travel to other marine sites across the country. If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, then you should contact Elite Technical Immediately!
- BS of Engineer degree from an ABET accredited school is highly desirable
- Must have the ability to perform technical evaluations, on ships (preferable Navy but will accept commercial) for welds and provide acceptable substitutes for materials based on engineering evaluation of material properties, environmental considerations, and service conditions.
- Must have the ability to read and create Bill of Materials
- Must have the ability to lead ship checks to capture current conditions and other data points for technical deliverable development.
- Must have the skills and ability in AutoCAD to develop detailed structural drawings from initiation to approval, i.e., foundations and arrangement drawings.
- Must have experience with weld requirements.
- Must have the skills and ability to lead design reviews to produce Red-Lines for drawing development
- Must have the ability and skills to monitor and control drawing development for Hull/Structure, Arrangements, and Outfitting including but not limited to, deck and bulkhead mods, compartment and access mods, temporary access, equipment and machinery foundations, and habitability mods.
- Must have the ability to Review/Develop engineering and design changes with the appropriate corrective actions.
Monday, April 26, 2021
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!