Elite Technical is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to support our client's Space Systems Division team at their facility in Dulles, Virginia. This is a contract position for which, due the nature of the work to be performed, the candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
The selected candidate will work with other designers and engineers on Spacecraft Structures, Subsystems, Mechanisms, Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE), or Proposals across three business areas to develop and enhance critical technical capabilities that drive our client's businesses.
Sampling of position responsibilities:
- Work on all Spacecraft Structures, Payload, and Antenna mechanical hardware from requirements all the way through integration and test.
- Perform detailed design tasks using Creo Parametric 4.0 Computer Aided Design (CAD) to develop and document designs for manufacturing and ultimately assembly into spacecraft
- Produce Mechanical drawings using industry standard GD&T processes
- Interface with Mechanical design and engineering team to produce efficient and manufacturable spacecraft parts and assemblies
- Mechanical Designer: Received an bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and an equivalent of 6 years of applicable experience.
- Ability to perform mechanical tasks associated with design and manufacturing of structures.
- Experience with CAD design using Creo Parametric.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards and preparation of manufacturing documentation.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience with the fundamentals of spacecraft layout and design.
- Experience with 3D Printing, Design for Manufacturing, and hands-on hardware fabrication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Monday, April 26, 2021
Friday, April 9, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!