Immediate opportunity for a Data Analytics Analyst to join our client-s Data Governance team, working closely with the Data Governance Manager and Data Governance & Architecture Director to design and drive various data governance initiatives. The Lead Analytics Analyst will focus on one or more of the following data governance support areas:
Data Governance Process and Stewardship Support:
- Serve as an expert resource supporting data questions and issues from data consumers and driving issues to resolution.
- Participate in and assist in facilitating the cross-functional Data Stewardship Forum.
- Drive creation data policies, processes, standards and data governance workflows.
- Provide communication, education, and assistance in support of operational roll-out of data governance processes.
Data Quality Support
- Perform detailed data quality analysis in a large and complex data environment across a range of technologies including relational database and big data platforms.
- Investigate data issues and determine root causes and recommendations for resolutions, including production support related items requiring urgent attention. Summarize and present findings and recommendations for various levels of technical and business audiences.
- Perform extensive data profiling across large data sets to assess current state data quality across large volumes of data attributes.
- Develop data cleansing strategies and work with technical teams to implement data cleansing methods.
- Working with business and technical stakeholders, define data quality requirements, rules, and thresholds.
- Working with Data Architecture team to implement data standards in response to data quality issues, needs, and findings.
- Develop framework and methodology for ongoing data quality assessment, monitoring, measurement, and reporting including technical and business process aspects.
Reference Data Support
- Perform research and analysis related to reference data elements across the systems/data landscape.
- Work with business and technical SMEs to understand reference data sources, uses, and value sets.
- Develop reference data catalog documentation including data flow and process diagrams and reference data update and maintenance procedures.
- 8+ years- experience in data governance, data analyst, or data quality roles.
- Strong data background and understanding with excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills including but not limited to strong SQL skills and relational database understanding.
- Demonstrated experience with data governance, standards, and quality concepts with the ability to develop practical application of concept intent.
- Must have Mainframe/DB2/Cobol technical knowledge/understanding
- Must have JSON files experience
- Strong understanding of database, data integration, data transfer, reporting and business intelligence technologies across various platforms with ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Hands-on experience with waterfall and agile SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across the organization with resources of all levels both technical and business.
- Highly Desired: Strong background in healthcare with expertise in one or more operational domains of healthcare data (e.g., eligibility/enrollment, claims, provider)
Monday, May 3, 2021
Monday, April 12, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!