Immediate opportunity for a Sr Level Data Analyst to support our customer-s journey to transform their data assets to new/modernized database platforms. Our client currently stores their data in a legacy Mainframe/DB2 environment; their goal is to move to a modernize platform (Big Data) and cloud. The selected candidate will be responsible for serving as a thought leader on methods for identifying and answering questions of interest to the organization. This work involves designing and administering data collection, cleaning, merging, and managing new and existing data sets. Additional duties include:
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques, and provides ongoing reports. Executes quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights. Provides analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects. Designs, manages, and conducts quality control procedures for data sets using data from multiple systems.
- Establishing and maintaining data quality procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data. It also requires the ability to counsel clients about the analytic process and how to use data to answer policy and program questions.
- Develops and automates reports, solving for the Business Intelligence (BI) and analytical needs of full range of stakeholders. Works with stakeholders to establish the right metrics for monitoring the business.
- Works with stakeholder to gather functional requirements and works with engineering to help deliver data driven solutions to stakeholders.
- Communicates findings on a regular basis to all levels of business and management.
- Filters and cleans data. Reviews computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Sets standards for data management and conceives projects needed to eliminate the gap between current state and future goals. Assists in defining and driving standards for data management and delivers projects needed to eliminate the gap between current state and future goals.
This position is a contract to permanent opportunity with our client, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization in Reston VA. This position is currently 100% remote, however, our client does plan to return to the Reston VA office in late 2021/early 2022. Interested in learning more? Than contact Elite Technical right away!
- 8+ years of experience as a Data Analyst Professional/Guru with ability to write use cases, functional documents, requirement gatherings, data pain points, etc.-
- Must have Mainframe/DB2 knowledge
- Must have advanced SQL background (from a DB2 perspective)
- Must have Healthcare Insurance industry experience (preferred BCBS)
- Ability to multi-task to manage differing sets of data requests and analytics. Ability to contribute to knowledge base of larger professional community.
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills applied to business software solutions maintenance and/or development
- Source-to-Target mapping experience would be ideal
- Big Data (Cloudera/Hadoop) knowledge
- Microstrategy BI tool (or other ETL tools)
- Any Cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure etc..)
Monday, May 24, 2021
6-12 month T2P
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!