Immediate opportunity for a Technical Writer (TW) who will be responsible for writing, designing, editing, and reviewing text and graphic documentation and on-line reference facilities used in support of our customer, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization in SW Washington DC (Position is currently 100% remote due to COVID, however, our customer does plan to return to the office in late 2021/early 2022). The TW may participate in initial needs analysis and assist in the implementation of strategies for addressing future documentation and on-line needs. Job Duties include:
- Work with Agile and Waterfall teams to gather, analyze, and identify documentation impacts
- Responsible for review and modification of existing or creating new documentation data, including but not limited to online help, guides, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, standard operating procedures, job aids, templates, and other operational documentation and related technical and administrative publications.
- Translates complex processes and systems into easily understandable step by step processes. Improves quality, usability and efficiency of existing documentation.
- Researches topics and interviews stakeholders to understand communication product requirements; analyzes business problems and helps prescribe communication solutions.
- Utilizes provided tools/workflows to track progress of documentation and ensures publication on Content Management and Governance Tools.
- Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions.
- Leads and participates in project work group meetings to support new products, initiatives or operational work groups to understand impacts to processes and documentation.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support operational initiatives as needed including process and system impacts. Communicates and collaborates with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Ensures project documentation is in compliance with company legal, business and regulatory requirements.
This position is a contract to permanent opportunity with our customer, who is offering a generous salary, bonus and benefits package. Please contact Elite Technical to learn more about this career growth opportunity!
- Bachelor of Science in English, Journalism, business, or a technical discipline (e.g., Information Systems, Applied Science, Operations Research) or equivalent directly related experience
- 3+ years of business or technical writing experience
- Experience reviewing and modifying existing technical practices, policies, procedures, and documentation
- Proficiency in creating technical documentation such as user guides, technical guides, templates, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Experience developing and managing technical documentation review process steps
- Comfortable working within Agile and Waterfall teams
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and collaboration/training skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary as, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) products and shared receptacles such as SharePoint, Teams, and Wiki
- Knowledge of document management (e.g., Adobe, OpenOffice, WinHelp, HTML5, CSS3, etc.) is a big plus
- Must have one or more of the following Documentation creation and editing tools = RoboHelp, Drupal, Snagit, Articulate
- Knowledge of defect management and change/configuration management tools
- Knowledge of Blue Cross Blue and Shield Association (BCBSA) Healthcare products or relevant experience in the healthcare insurance industry.
Monday, October 11, 2021
6-12 month T2P
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!