Elite Technical is currently seeking two (2) Mid-Level SOC Analysts to join our customer, a Federal Healthcare Insurance organization, in SW Washington DC (remote until further notice due to COVID-19). The selected candidate will be part of the Security Monitoring and Response team which provides Department-wide 24x7 security, network system monitoring and incident handling. This includes monitoring, reporting, coordination and escalation, where applicable, of events and tracking of Department incidents. The SOC Analyst is responsible for providing effective security monitoring and incident response through triage, investigation, communication, and reporting. Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform security operations duties within the SOC during/after business hours, weekends and possible holidays.
- Proven experience with event monitoring and triage.
- Demonstrated analysis skills and full IR life-cycle such as detection, documentation, analysis and investigation of events.
This is an opportunity to join an organization that is experiencing growth within their security operations team leading to providing increasingly more sophisticated and strategic solutions. The result is increasing career growth and employment security for you!
Are you interested in learning more about this position? If so, please contact Elite Technical immediately for consideration.
- 3+ years experience as a Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst
- This position requires a bachelor-s degree in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter with a highly inquisitive and analytic mindset.
- Relevant cybersecurity subject matter expertise - especially in information security, network security, security event triage, intrusion analysis, malware, computer networking TCP/IP, and anomalous behavior.
- Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard security best practices
- Must hands on experience with QRADAR
- Hands on experience with some or all: NetFlow and full packet capture technology, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), firewalls, AV, and other similiar network security tools
- Experience and skills in: continuous monitoring, information security alerting, security event triage, intrusion analysis, threat trends, malware, and anomalous behavior.
- Demonstrated experience with security information and event management (SIEM), security orchestration and automated response (SOAR), and other security technologies
- Experience in, or willingness to quickly learn, at least one security tool type such as IDS/IPS, network access control, firewall, anti-malware, etc
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Security Certification
Monday, May 31, 2021
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!