Crucial job opportunity for a Broadcast Technical Manager as a lead level Administrator of Operations and Technical Support for our customer in Silver Spring MD. This is a full time employment opportunity for a Technical / Operations lead that will provide frontline operational and technical support for editing, graphic design transcoding, standards conversion, LTO archiving and duplication.
- Provide technical and engineering expertise for video facility and staff, encompassing all related disciplines such as operational system support, troubleshooting and monitoring
- Provide system upgrade and long term planning recommendations.
- Provide frontline support for 7 Avid Media Composer edit suites and 2 Adobe Creative Suite Grahics workstations.
- Act as Media Administrator for NEXIS and Avid asset management (Interplay/Media Director/Media Central)
- Administer, Support, and Operate LTO Archive
- Administer, Support, and Operate file based standards conversion and time compression systems
- Administer, Support, and Operate cloud based file storage and transfer
- Design and implement encode/transcode based workflow for the video facility.
- Design software workflows for transcodes, standards conversions and time compression
- Manage Operations Engineer who assists this position
- Work with outside production companies to ensure proper delivery of video files.
- Report system anomalies, equipment problems, employee relations issues or any other daily event concerns that arise
- Provide Multimedia support for associated Urban One properties
- Act as an Avid Editor when necessary.
This is a career making move to one of the fastest growing cable network that now serving over 50 million households representing a connection to the authentic, rich, and diverse experience of African American life, history, and culture. This position is a highly visible, difference making and a strategic role within our client-s organization. The job opportunity is well compensated and offers full benefits.
- Ten or more of experience in Broadcast Post Production, Engineering or Operations along with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory/lead/management background
- Full knowledge of Avid Media Composer, Avid NEXIS Storage, and Avid asset management (Interplay/Media Central/Media Director)
- Full knowledge of file and tape formats
- Full knowledge of LTO Archive software and hardware
- Full knowledge of encode hardware and transcode software applications.
- Full knowledge of VTR and Router operation
- Working knowledge of standards conversions and international delivery formats
- Working knowledge of field and studio production and an ability to deliver precise instructions and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer literacy - Windows and Mac
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including staff and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- Possess excellent project management, organizational, administrative and time management skills - effectively manage and prioritize numerous projects with tight deadlines with little or no supervision
- Bachelor-s Degree in Communications or related field
- AVID certifications (ACSR - Avid Certified Service Representative - and ACI - Avid Certified Instructor).
Silver Spring, MD
Monday, June 21, 2021
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!