Elite Technical is seeking an experienced software engineer with solid C++ design and coding skills for a contract position with a highly regarded defense company at their sprawling facility in Minneapolis, MN. Due to the nature of the work, U.S. citizenship is required. Long-term work is anticipated and there is a possibility that this position might convert to direct hire down the road.
The selected candidate will generally be responsible for development, integration and test activities in support of an embedded systems software development program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks for assigned portions of a project
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements
- Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a technical project
- Develops and writes technical documentation, revises existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules.
- B.S. degree in a Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or relevant technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years in a position as a C++ developer with solid C++ design and coding skills.
- Knowledge of fundamental software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Software Requirement, Design, Development, & Testing Principles
- Familiarity with C++ compilers, software development support tools and associated environments
- Experience with software configuration management tools (i.e. Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with software issues tracking software (i.e. JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to solve technical design and development problems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use and apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relevant to software development
- Familiarity with the Linux Operating System
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems
- Strong coding skills in C++
- Use of UML modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect or Magic Draw is a plus
- Competent with scripting languages (i.e. Bash, Perl, Python)
- Use of QT for GUI Development
- Experience with Linux and embedded operating systems such as LynxOS
- Experience with low level Analog/Digital IO
- Familiarity with vehicle / computing communication bus technology (Gigabit Ethernet, RS-232, CAN) and their protocols
- Troubleshooting experience involving Ethernet and CANbus
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Familiarity with OpenSplice or DDS
- Familiarity with military embedded systems software development
- Familiarity with commercial design standards
Monday, August 16, 2021
6+ months - possible conversion to direct hire
Monday, June 14, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!