Elite Technical is seekign a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to join our client's Engineering team in Chantilly, VA. The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for 24/7 administration of all database systems (Oracle/Microsoft SQL Server) in the enterprise and AWS RDS. The position works closely with Application Development, E-Commerce, System Administrators, and others to ensure database integrity and availability. This employee will be in the IT Infrastructure team, with a specific focus on database administration including .NET web application development support.
- Manage backup, replication and recovery, security, performance tuning and optimization across multiple database management systems.
- Assist with architectural design and implementation of new databases as well as upgrades and improvement to existing databases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database related issues
- Participate in the design and implementation of database environments to meet the needs of the organization.
This position is a contract to permanent opportunity with our client in Chantilly VA. Want to learn more? Then contact Elite Technical Immediately for consideration!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle Data Guard for multi-site failover and smarter use of standby databases for reporting and analysis functions, rather than sitting idle awaiting failover operations.
- 3+ years of experience with .NET / VB.net development.
- Experience administering databases in a 24/7 large-scale enterprise environment using Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience managing and implementing database security.
- Experience managing enterprise RDBMs across multiple platforms and environments such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle running on Microsoft Windows, Linux, or UNIX.
- Must have experience conducting database maintenance, performance tuning and optimization, such as tuning SQL principles and methods.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with both application analysts, developers, and system administrators to ensure database integrity and availability.
- Demonstrated experience moving and integrating data between and across heterogeneous database systems.
- Experience migrating oracle on premise to AWS RDS
Monday, July 12, 2021
6 month T2P
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!