Immediate opening for a Sr. System Administrator with an emphasis in security to join our client's Infrastructure team to bolster the security and SysAdmin best practices of our client's large network and fleet of bare-metal, cloud, storage, and virtualized servers. You will be taking over management of their network architecture and host-based security of the machines that compose our production corporate, and dev/ga environments. Maintain and operate current government IT and AV systems to ensure service continuity and provide upgrades as required to ensure system integrity and compliance. Employ technology to improve operation efficiency. Support includes the day-to-day operational support for multiple sites and concurrent users.
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. In large companies, this requires understanding a global or multi-site network infrastructure.
- Helps develop, document, communicate, and enforce a network technology policy.
- Hands-on with servers, network equipment, and storage infrastructure.
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of new software and hardware, including the server network, devices and firewalls.
- Responsible for monitoring system performance, IT system operations and storage utilization.
- Plans ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
- Manages user accounts and assets, and assigns and updates security permissions on the network according to security policy.
- Provides support with escalated help desk requests.
- Leads a team of systems administrators, coordinates with different departments.
- Mentors team members and educates users.
- Meet with security operations team and action on security focused tasks.
This position is a contract to permanent opportunity with our client, who is offering a generous salary package, employment stability and professional growth! Want to learn more? Than contact Elite Technical Immediately for consideration!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- CCIE, CISSP, PMP, or similar certifications preferred.
- Net +; A+, CCNA or CCDP (or similar) certification required.
- 10 years of experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting the Unix/Linux/Windows operating system, VMWare, Active Directory, Internet-based applications, and web servers.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring platform Nagios is required
- Experience with scripting and writing/modifying code to improve monitoring or deployment in Python, Go, Perl, Java, C, and/or Shell.
- Advanced Networking knowledge and design, WLAN, VLANs, VxLAN, DNS, DHCP, BGP/OSPF/EIGRP, and Cisco ASA
- Security minded background - intrusion, detection, pen testing, access controls, and SIEM
- Excellent customer service, leadership, organizational, communication, and interface skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and understanding of internet peering/routing topologies (eg, BGP).
- Advanced enterprise storage administration knowledge of iSCSI and ZFS
- Understanding of configuration management systems - Puppet / Ansible / Chef
Monday, September 6, 2021
6 month T2P
Friday, August 13, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!