Immediate/Full-Time/Direct opportunity with our customer, a TV measurement and analytics firm that offers advertising and content measurement, full-funnel attribution, media planning, optimization and analytical solutions to a diverse set of customers within the online and broadcasting sectors. Our client is seeking a Director of Data Engineering that can be a functional leader to a team of 12-15 data engineering processionals, and also be a hands on engineering team member to lead our client with broad and deep data skillsets and spearhead multiple concurrent data initiatives to meet business goals and improve existing data processing pipelines. We are seeking Senior Level Data Professionals who has worked within large data pipelines within the Big Data/Cloudera/Hadoop ecosystems, Spark, and AWS Cloud platforms. Other responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Product and Data Ops to set requirements, assess and onboard new data sets as well as extract insights based on business requirements.
- Find improvements and help keeping the data pipelines in efficient, resilient and well-tuned state with the goal of reducing processing related infrastructure efforts and expenses, saving both time and money for the company.
- Be the steward of the data ecosystem, getting buy-ins from all stakeholders for enhancements and cleanup/organizational improvements of the data throughout the company.
- Be the technical partner for non-data-engineering teams (product, data science, client analytics and the rest of engineering) with their data needs/requirements, actively participating in all phases, from inception of the idea to production release.
- Oversee the conversion of POC work into scalable, maintainable and performant production ready data pipelines. This includes designing architecture, implementation as well as providing important updates throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identify and foster learning opportunities for data engineering through establishing a data engineering guild with the goal of maintaining knowledge on the latest developments in relevant technologies, establishing software best practices by organizing regular internal and external professional meetups as well as technical conference attendance.
- Grooming and mentoring team members via constructive feedback, encouragement and leveraging strengths of individual members of the team to increase confidence, autonomy, and productivity. Empower team to be outspoken and accountable.
This position is a hybrid onsite/remote position with our client in Manhattan NYC. Our client is offering a generous salary package, bonus, benefits and 401K options. Please contact Elite Technical for more information about this exciting opportunity!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or 4 additional years of relevant work experience).
- Experience wrangling terabytes of big, complicated, imperfect data using scalable data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark, AWS products (Redshift, EMR, S3, Glue, IAM, RDS, etc.).
- Must have advanced level SQL Querying knowledge
- Must have tech stack: Spark, AWS, SQL, Big Data (Hadoop or Cloudera), large (TB) data lake expertise. Scala considered a BIG PLUS
- Significant experience working with structured and unstructured data at scale and comfort with a variety of different stores (key-value, document, columnar, etc.) as well as traditional RDBMSes and data warehouses (Big Data/Hadoop/Cloudera).
- You have a deep understanding of scalable systems and you have large-scale engineering experience in an Agile development environment.
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and effective software design
- Significant development experience with a major modern language (e.g. Scala (highly preferred), Python, Ruby, C/C++, etc.).
- Comfort with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work well in an agile, collaborative team environment.
New York, NY
Monday, October 4, 2021
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!