Seeking an IBM Mainframe Production Control / Technical Support Analyst in Omaha, NE to provide mid-level effective support by performing problem resolution and, as necessary, problem escalation to resolve issues in a timely manner. This position will provide support for problems within Prod, Dev, and QA environments with the ability to solve them in a timely manner. Aid with projects, conversions, and product implementations. The incumbent will provide ongoing technical support, as required, in areas such as batch job abend resolution, tape and vault management, DASD management, batch job scheduling system, along with file transfer. The qualified candidate will have Production Control and batch processing experience within an IBM Mainframe environment running z/OS 1.9 (or newer) and expert knowledge of Job Control Language (JCL) command syntax and structure.
The position will start as 100% Remote and once the return to work order is communicated, they will move to a hybrid model of couple days in the office and other days remote.
Expected tasks, deliverables and responsibilities include:
- Update, create, change and add new application to automated scheduler on the Mainframe and Distributed systems platforms
- Integrated cross platform production job scheduling (includes setting up batch jobs, predecessor and dependency relationships, and creating notification and escalation rules) data processing using an automated job scheduler;
- Assist/advice application developer/support on how to effectively schedule or automate Production Schedules utilizing CA-Jobtrac automated scheduler;
- Document support procedures systems and tasks;
- Update written procedures as applications are introduced and/or enhanced;
- Submit and monitor data processes and performing checks of inputs/outputs on the Mainframe;
- Maintain precise documentation of data processes;
- Read and interpret flowcharts, job schematics and other technical documents;
- Support disaster recovery effort that adequately meets the business needs and avoid extended system outages should an event occurs
Three (3+) plus years IBM Mainframe technical support experience including:
- Job Control Language (JCL) command syntax and structure
- IBM- CICS- Transaction Server for z/OS-
- Batch processing within a IBM Mainframe environment running z/OS 1.9 or newer
- Integrated cross-platform QA , DEV, and Production job scheduling
Demonstrated clear technical abilities including:
- IBM Utility Programs, IDCAMS utility to manipulate VSAM datasets;
- Batch Processing Interacting with z/OS: TSO, ISPF, and z/OS interfaces;
- One or more of the following; CA-Jobtrac being a plus, CA Workload Automation, BMC Control-M, or any other enterprise job scheduler experience
- Ability to interpret and read flow charts and other technical documents
- Ability to resolve scheduling and production problems on the Mainframe platform
- Troubleshoot, Diagnose and resolve Batch Processing Abend failures
- Ability to schedule large volumes of production job in an efficient manner
Soft Skills required:
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Experience working with Problem Management Systems E.g. Remedy, ServiceNow, Service Desk or comparable toolset
- Ability to learn new skills and adjust to changing job requirements.
- Flexibility - willing to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Monday, September 13, 2021
6 months w/ CTH option
Friday, August 20, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!