Immediate, Fulltime/Direct opportunity with our client, an integrated maritime solutions organization based in New Orleans LA, for a Electrical Engineer! The selected candidate will be responsible for the system design, preparation and submittal of drawing packages based on customer requirements for the vessel power distribution system. Designs will include electrical one-line diagrams containing the full power distribution system from generators down to the lowest power panel. The design includes modeling the power system using power modeling tools. The Engineer will also be responsible for creation and review of technical specifications and drawings of electrical systems, interpretation of drawings and schematics.
- Ability to design and review switchboards, load centers, shore power panels, and similar power related designs.
- Based on end user requirements, develop electrical one line for complete vessel.
- Ability to work with other suppliers and acquire load data to incorporate into vessel wide electrical one line.
- Experience developing EPLA (electric plant load analysis).
- Interpret customer specifications and drawings as they apply to electrical equipment and related products.
- Support Business Development with technical input and review into proposals for potential new business.
- Interface with customers, sales, and field installation services personnel.
- Provide customer drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials for the switchboard (structure, switches, overcurrent and other protective devices, bus, and instruments) based on product knowledge, knowledge of applicable codes and standards, and use of appropriate reference documents.
- Select electrical devices to function as required in assemblies/circuits. Determine proper method for applying, installing and wiring electrical devices as required.
The Electrical Engineer will be expected to be a subject matter expert and be able to guide/mentor junior level engineers on staff. Interested in learning more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- Bachelor's Degree, preferable in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college is preferred (Masters level or higher preferred).
- 10+ years of Power systems (shipboard preferred)
- Experience with Low voltage and medium voltage solutions.
- Familiarity with Regulatory bodies such as ABS, USCG, DNV, NEC, etc.
- Experience with Power modeling tools such as PTW (Power Tools for Windows) key.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Knowledge of Electrical component mechanical properties and analysis.
- Knowledge of Bus bar schemes.
- Knowledge of mechanical layouts, clearances, sections, erection, grounding design etc.
- Knowledge of protection schemes.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
New Orleans, LA
Monday, August 30, 2021
Friday, August 13, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!