Immediate need for a Senior Level Project Managers for our customer, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization, in Reston VA (100% remote right now due to COVID but will be returning to the Reston office in late 2021 or 2022). We are seeking SW driven Project Managers that has managed, developed and directed technical project teams through all phases and activities of the software and project life-cycle processes associated with major information technology systems projects. The role may require management of multiple projects simultaneously, depending on the scope and complexities of projects assigned. Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Determines Project goals and priorities with management, program manager and/or project sponsors.
- Creates all project planning documentation (including updates, status reports, etc.) and follows all project methodologies (PMLC/SDLC).
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, capital planning procedures and agency guidance. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the projects objectives and motivate the cross functional project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by the entire team. Establishes and publishes clear priorities among project activities. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
- Directs/leads project teams comprised of subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, and capital planning procedures.
- Oversees the design, development, testing, and implementation of technical and functional specifications of a project technology system. Negotiates Statement of Work/Scope of Services for IT products and services. Develops information systems testing strategies, plans or scenarios.
- Manages the Project Budget with overall budget accountability. Manages project budgets for both expense and capital against the original project budget. Forecast budget via Clarity, maintain forecast through the lifecycle, and manage budget variance. Provides regular updates to project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of the budget. Documents and reports on reasons for budget variances. Maintains current statements of work for all vendors; track and approve contractor invoices in a timely manner.
Are you a Software Project Manager? Have you managed the entire Project MGT Lifecycle with a budget of over $10M? Then you should contact Elite Technical immediately to learn more about this long term contract opportunities!
-Minimum of seven years of Software Delivery Project Management experience
- Must have full Project Management Lifecycle understanding/experience (from planning, to charter, to delivery). Knowledge of and experience in managing full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Projects is required along with experience with direct project management and release management experience is required.
- Must have previous employment experience within the Healthcare Insurance industry (FEPOC/FEHB would be a BIG PLUS)
- Seeking candidates with knowledge of and experience in a IT environment (1 or more: mainframe, Web/Java, Cloud, Big Data)
- Must have solid understandings and hands-on expertise with project budget/financial project related tasks (i.e: resource planning, risk/cost management, forecasting projects, stakeholder analysis, building resource plans etc.-). Specifically, we are seeking candidates that have managed budgets of $10M or more
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is critical.
- Strong customer skills with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 2000 tool set - MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment.
- PMP Certification is a plus
Monday, September 27, 2021
Monday, August 30, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!