Immediate need for a three (3) Middleware Infrastructure, Production Automation Engineer focused on automation of day-to-day tasks with a highly skilled aptitude working with Ansible, Python and UNIX Shell Scripting building end-to-end automated systems between Midrange and Mainframe platforms. Our client has goals for standardization for all Development Environment Builds (On-prem). The effort includes the rollout and adoption of this standardization, transition of the processes and sunset of applicable legacy processes. This long-term contract opportunity is a 100% home-based telecommuter and has the potential of multiple extensions and/or conversion to FTE status offering career stability and technical growth! Currently, this position is remote and will remain remote until late 2021/early 2022. The office location post COVID is Washington DC.
Our client is a major Federal Health Insurance Payer organization providing Business & IT Processing for Insurance Benefits, Members, Claims and Health Information Systems. The hiring manager and the team are seeking to engage in an enterprise effort that involves automating data and process workflows between IBM Mainframe, AIX / WebSphere Java / J2ee and Linux Big Data environments to support their AWS migration effort.
Our client has several initiatives that requires building, integrating and enhancements to their Test and Production environments infrastructure to support business needs. You can become part of it!
Are you interested in learning more? If so, please contact Elite Technical for immediate consideration.
(1) 8+ years of enterprise level System Engineering experience including Mainframe, Unix and Linux distributed environments
(2) 4+ years, current DevOps Automation experience in distributed environments
(3) Hands-on practical experience using Ansible and Python
(4) Extensive UNIX or AIX/RHEL and Linux Scripting experience
(5) Extensive knowledge of Java / J2EE methodology and frameworks
(6) Distributed Systems experience on one or more of the following technologies
- IBM HTTPS & WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
- IBM MQ Series
- IBM scripting frameworks (wsadmin, MQ Control Commands)
- DataPower, AppDynamics
- YAML scripting
- Cloud Migration experience (big plus)
(7) Strong verbal and written communication skills (Critical)
Monday, September 13, 2021
Monday, August 16, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!