Immediate Need for two (2) Sr. Principal Technical Project Managers to support our clients Cloud initiative as part of the Technology Transformation strategy to establish Cloud capabilities to support new business systems, modernization and migration of legacy systems to the Cloud. These positions are contract to permanent opportunities with our client, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization in Reston VA (100% remote as of now but will require onsite presence in Reston in late 2021/early 2022). Some of the responsibilities are listed below, please contact Elite Technical to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
- Project manager oversees the day to day activities of the project team managing the execution; facilitating key decisions, planning activities, issue, risk and communications management.
- Manage all aspects of a complex cross-functional projects to plan, organize, schedule, control and monitor to ensure timely completion, cost-effectiveness and customer satisfaction, while creating a creative, positive and flexible environment.
- Rigorously manages scope and approach according to program objectives to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Leads project team in translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective-based projects. Manages and negotiate tradeoffs between business needs, resources and technical constraints.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Identifies risks, anticipates issues and takes ownership of issue resolution.
- Ensures all activities and defined work products are defined appropriately and will lead to the successful delivery of project objectives and milestones.
- Applies best practices from project management and quality measurement systems such as PMBOK, EVMS, ISO 9001. Applies Cloud best practices and maturity model to project management approach.
- Applies continuous methods for tracking project performance, managing risks and issues.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure on-time delivery of scope and business objectives.
- Adapts agile methods to project specific needs, coaches- team on Agile methodology, effective use of tools (Jira, MS Teams) adoption
- Facilitates iteration planning, daily standups, demo, and retrospective meetings.
- Develops and validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Publishes periodic project status reports and represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Bachelor's degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) OR Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is a must.
- 15-20 years of IT experience with minimum of 12 years of Project Management experience with at least 10+ years as a project manager managing teams to: Develop and Implement Cloud Strategies; Develop Cloud Architectures, Security and Compliance Frameworks; Implement Hybrid Cloud/Multi Cloud Environments; Plan and Execute Cloud Migrations; Establish Cloud Governance and Cloud Financial Ops; Audit and Remediate IT Process and Tools (Development and Operational) for Cloud; Establish Cloud Operations; Develop and Establish a Cloud Organizational Change Management Program.
- Experience implementing in Hybrid and Multi Cloud environments with all major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud).
- Technical Background in software development, application or infrastructure such as network infrastructure, storage, servers, databases, cloud computing, data center operations, security, and vendor management.
- Healthcare insurance industry experience or similar environment is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience supporting/managing budgets, finances, cost modelling and forecasting ($3M+)
- Strong project management skills, deep technical expertise, business knowledge, and excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
- Must have strong technical aptitude and business acumen.
- Hands on experience on Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban, and waterfall methodology.
- Experience with varied technologies and tools and operating systems, including KAFKA, Cloudera, Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, IBM MQueue, Linux, IBM Mainframe, AIX, Windows environments is a big plus
- Knowledge of MS Office tool set - MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio. TOGAF and Orbus EA Tool a plus.
Monday, October 25, 2021
12 months T2P
Friday, September 17, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!