Our client, a start-up/pre-revenue research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization, is seeking a Director of Software Engineering who will play a key role in making the company's vision a reality by growing and shaping the team from the ground up. Our client is breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize the manufacturing process within the apparel industry. You will collaborate closely with Software and Hardware Product Management to scope and build the complex software features required to fulfill our advanced manufacturing vision and drive all aspects of the software development capabilities including:
- Hire, onboard, mentor, and support the career growth of your direct reports and create teams that model physiological safety and inclusivity (85%)
- Remain hands-on to ensure that you are sufficiently familiar with the code (15% of hands-on development support)
- Demonstrate and evangelize best practices for the rest of the engineering team, and ensure only high-quality code gets shipped
- Drive engineering processes and provide input for architecture decisions and Prototypes
This opportunity is a fulltime/direct opportunity with our client, who is offering a generous base salary, performance bonus, and benefits (medical/dental/vision/LTD/STD, life insurance, company-wide week off during July 4 and Christmas to NYE, 401K match, Profit Sharing, Flexible PTO and more!)
Our client is based in New York, however, they are open to candidates anywhere in the United States as long as the selected candidate can work EST hours and occasional travel to the NY office (maybe 4 times per year) for company meetings. Do you want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away!!
- 7+ years experience developing enterprise production applications. Big preference to have at least one year within an e-commerce organization.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience as a manager (ie: leading, developing and mentoring engineers)
- Tech Stack: Node, React, typescript, C# (seeking either node AND typescript with familiarity with React) **OR** C# with familiarity with React
- Basic knowledge around architecting and managing a microservices-based infrastructure
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as both a contributor and a
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex technical information to
- Azure Cloud knowledge/experience (Big Plus)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with SSR and distributed systems
- Experience building a solution that has a complex physical fulfillment model (eg Blue
- Opinionated and able to discuss/explain technology decisions, patterns, and practices and be persuasive, but can also capitalize on disagreement by incorporating perspectives that differ from your own.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure fast paced environment
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm
in the face of ambiguity
- Experience and familiarity with manufacturing processes and concepts, particularly
Monday, September 27, 2021
Thursday, September 2, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!