Seeking a Data Center Operations Engineer for a long-term contract in Houston, TX and be a focal point for implementation of Infrastructure Tech Refresh projects taking direction from end-client Leadership as needed. The Tech Refresh includes replacing servers, storage, network switches, or other related infrastructure hardware/software.
The initial contract term is for 12 months with the option to extend. The position will be 100% Onsite from day one.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
o Facilitate updating and auditing asset management system. Ensure all end-client IT infrastructure assets within scope are under maintenance and support contracts.
o Perform continuous service improvement projects as required.
o Perform DataCenter/Server room cleanup activities such as proper cable management, ensuring dual power, and consolidation of equipment in racks.
o Ensure all DataCenter/Server room comply with end-client standards
o Perform yearly audits DataCenter/Server room/IDF compliance
- Experience with VMware technologies
- Experience with the Cloud Service: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). This can be Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with creating and maintaining diagrams
- Experience with power and cable management
- Ability to work with Vendors to complete tasks
- Familiarity with ITIL Foundation or ITIL certified
- Proficient with IT Service Management principals
- Proficient with Asset Management and CMDB concepts.
- Proficient with Content Management Tools
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and proficient in the rest of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in the following competencies
o High Energy
o Analytical Thinking
o Effective Collaboration & Facilitation
o Planning & Organizing
o Drive for Results
o Excellent communication skills; written and oral
Monday, October 4, 2021
12 months with option to extend
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!