Elite Technical is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer for an immediate, Full-time/Direct opportunity with our client, an integrated maritime solutions organization. The selected candidate will perform design and analysis work on mechanical and electromechanical systems/equipment for our client's maritime applications. This position plays an important role in meeting policies of supporting the continued success of our customer's clients, including the US Navy. Due to the nature of the work to be performed, any candidate seeking consideration must be a US citizen.
- Evaluating mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting development programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Developing the basis for satisfactory design and acceptance of mechanical and electromechanical systems and products through regulatory body submittals, design review, material procurement, installation, commissioning and delivery.
- Developing requirements to permit the efficient and effective integration of the distributed systems and mechanical equipment into the ship's design model.
- Reviewing and interpreting system specifications and data.
- Developing and providing written information including labor and material estimates, proposals, technical data, engineering procedures, test procedures, and purchase specifications.
- Acting as a communication interface with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, management and all internal company departments.
- Assisting in shipboard installation, commission and turnover of distributed systems and mechanical equipment.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability, and performance.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
Are you interested in learning more about this exciting fulltime opportunity? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for more information!
- BS in a relevant STEM-type discipline is required (with a strong preference for a Mechanical Engineering degree)
- 8 plus years of mechanical and electromechanical systems support experience.
- Ability to use mathematical modelling and computer-aided design tools. Primary tools used are AutoCAD Inventor for design/modeling and Nastran for analysis.
- Switchboard design experience is a plus as is an understanding of design/analysis for shipboard environmental conditions.
Understanding of structural analysis as well as vibration/shock and other environmental analyses.
Monday, October 18, 2021
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!