Immediate contract to permanent opportunity for a SOC Analyst to support our customer who is involved in a SOC revamping effort for NYPD in NYC. We are seeking a SOC Analyst with demonstrated experience supporting the development of processes, procedures, and automations to rapidly ingest, aggregate, correlate, normalize, and analyze event messages to rapidly and assuredly identify and respond to Indicators of Compromise (IoC). The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and perpetual learner who is excited to solve some of our clients- toughest challenges. To be successful the candidate must have experience working in a mature 24x7x365 Security Operation Center. Responsibilities include:
- Perform security assessments, architectural reviews, and monitoring of on-premises and cloud applications and infrastructure
- Define, manage, and monitor security devices, including procedures for detecting, reporting, and responding to computer security incidents
- Perform digital forensics in support of cybersecurity investigations
- Identify and assess vulnerabilities across the enterprise and track compliance against vulnerability remediation standards
- Develop SOC policies and procedures for securing and monitoring next generation technology
- Monitor security logs, develop SIEM content, and build database security procedures, set up anti-virus programs at workstations, develop policies for email security, and perform periodic data audits and backups
- Prepare reports and action plans if security breach occurs.
- Organize and conduct tests and "ethical hacks" of the existing security architecture
- Collect up-to-date and accurate data from the dark web, intelligence feeds, intelligence feeds, intelligence sources, etc; Coordinate cyber threat intelligence information sharing between IT and intelligence bureaus and externally to the New York City Cyber Command, FBI Cyber Task Force NY
- Provide organization with threat intelligence that includes contextual information, IoCs, TTPs, consequences, and actionable intelligence about evolving threats mapped to the MITRE threat framework
- Create and tune SOAR playbooks
Although this position is currently 100% remote, we are seeking local candidates to the NYC area only has a return to the office is nearing. Also, we are seeking candidates that are open to a rotating shift schedule. Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical immediately for consideration!
- Willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule (24/7 security environment)
- Bachelor-s degree or equivalent with relevant certifications (Security+ at minimum)
- Minimum of 2 years- experience conducting analysis of log data in support of intrusion analysis or information security operations.
- Experience with two or more analysis tools used in a CIRT or similar investigative environment.
- Ability to build content in SIEM system.
- Ability to analyze and triage IoCs.
- Strong analytical mindset with an open and engaging personality
- Cloud security, threat hunting, security operations
- Knowledge of the Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) and MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Preferred Certifications (one or more):
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- CompTIA Security+
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
New York, NY
Monday, November 22, 2021
6 month T2P
Friday, October 22, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!