REMOTE position for a Quality Assurance Engineer for a 3 month contract. The QA Engineer is the last line of defense preventing bugs and faulty software from being released to users. In this role you will develop test scenarios and cases from the requirements provided by Business Analysts, the Lead Analyst, and Director of Engineering. The QA Engineer will be expected to execute and track these scenarios and partner with Application Engineers to resolve bugs.
The position is 100% REMOTE and is expected to go
- Analyze, design, plan, develop, and implement test cases and scenarios needed to validate business rules and requirements while determining the appropriate testing techniques for multiple environments.
- Collaborate with Application Engineers to identify, isolate, document, and resolve issues and defects found during development and by users.
- Create and maintain the test data needed to execute tests for multiple concurrent software projects.
- Develop an understanding of how users interact with the software and perform exploratory testing.
- Maintain current and develop future automated end-to-end tests.
- Provide an accurate status of their progress during the daily standup meeting.
- Work with the team during regular sprint planning sessions to develop detailed technical tasks from business requirements while providing time estimates, identifying dependencies, and setting deadlines.
- Provide rough estimates of the development complexity for future functionality by asking probing questions of business analysts and product owners during backlog grooming sessions.
- Prepare and deliver business value oriented demonstrations to the engineering team or end-users.
- Participate in frequent retrospective and post mortem discussions while providing critical analysis with a focus on process improvement and conflict resolution.
- Act autonomously in their decision making while following philosophies and guidelines established by the team.
- May include occasional night or weekend work to support launches.
- 5+ years QA experience
- Bachelor-s degree
You must have a strong understanding of the following:
- Developing test cases and scenarios from business requirements and wireframes.
- Identifying unaccounted exception paths including positive, negative and edge test cases.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced agile environment.
- Ability to balance priority along with code availability
- Documenting and maintaining functional test cases and other test artifacts - including test data - we use TestRail.
- Defect tracking software - we use JIRA.
- Database querying knowledge - MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, or other.
- Strong communication skills to interface with many departments towards a common goal - verbally and in writing.
- Act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through your technical knowledge/leadership skills and advocate for technical excellence
- Act as key point of contact for other test engineers with automation need
Monday, October 18, 2021
3 months, possible extension
Thursday, September 30, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!