Elite Technical is seeking a multi-talented Database Engineer, with heavy discipline in SQL Development, to assist our client who is supporting government contracts, corporate initiatives, and the IT/Engineering organization itself. The selected candidate must have experience translating business concepts into actionable technical requirements. The candidate will conduct systems engineering, database development, and client facing program activities for a U.S. law enforcement agency. This will include updating existing software/system deployments and/or developing new collaboration solutions to address specific need or solve a particular business problem. Primary Responsibilities include:
- Author custom code, SQL queries, or utilize out-of-the-box components based on business requirements and system specifications. (VB scripting)
- Develop and design reporting, and database solutions using sound, repeatable, and industry best practices, within MS SQL Server.
- Resolve highly complex issues, conduct advanced research, and recommend innovations.
- Work with customers and users to evaluate, estimate, and perform application development and/or business process change requests.
- Provide timely and effective maintenance support and problem resolution for the existing software applications, Application program Interface (API) and database systems.
- Perform impact assessment on systems/application changes and new or revised requirements as needed; follow appropriate change management and control procedures.
- Create/update detailed application system design documentation, including but not limited to, System Requirements, Traceability, Design, Test, and Operations & Maintenance.
- Provide timely updates weekly and monthly on tasks and meet internal and client deadlines with high-quality deliverables.
Due to the government nature of this position, our client is seeking candidates that have an established Top Secret Government clearance. This position can be staffed as an FTE to our client, or as a contract to permanent opportunity with our client, who is offering a generous salary and benefits package. Please contact Elite Technical to learn more!
- Must be able to travel to and work in Winchester, VA 3 days per week. Other days can be remote/work from home
- TOP SECRET Clearance Level Required
- Bachelor-s degree in a technical discipline is or 15+ total technical experience in database administration/development required.
- 10+ years of experience within the database development lifecycle, to include
o Understanding of Database Development process, including specification, documentation, and testing/quality assurance models.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with SQL Server, complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures, and experience with SQL/Query tolls to extract and update data.
- 7+ years of experience in requirements development and management
- 5 years of experience in VMWare, Datrium, and other HCI solutions is a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
Monday, January 31, 2022
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!