Immediate opening for a Web Content Writer to support our customer, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization, in Reston VA. We are seeking candidates that have outstanding content writing abilities and basic knowledge around Web Content Management related activities and systems. Our client is seeking someone who can provide writing support for their communications platform that provides insights to their healthcare members, other BCBS plans, and their internal employees. We are seeking candidates that can create new and modify existing content to engage with readers that are both technical and non-technical personal. Responsibilities include:
- Content Creation and Maintenance for our client-s communication platform
- Develops content for corporate extranet and ancillary sites and helps to lead the website architecture and navigation for all new content and updates to existing content.
- Creates content and ensures consistency with new page development, following design standards already in place and developing new templates where needed.
- Validates the impact of content edits across all internal and ancillary sites, ensuring a consistent and streamlined approach, and within guidelines of content standards.
- Ability to understand internal business owner requests in relationship to current and possible web capabilities, ensuring content owner requests can be implemented in a timely manner and expectations are defined and met.
- Communicates and interacts with content business owners for day-to-day edits, new page development and other projects as assigned by Product Manager.
- Provides writing and copy editing when needed to ensure writing is consistent with standard digital guidelines.
- Participates in various aspects of website design, content development, web analytics, testing, content management, and usability testing. Understands reviewing web analytics to ensure good web design and usability standards are met.
- Content Creation and Maintenance for Digital Communities of Interest
- Content Lifecycle Management and Analysis
- Develop/Maintain Online Campaigns.
This position is a contract to permanent opportunity with our client, who is offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Although our customer is 100% remote at this time, they do have plans to return to their Reston VA office in late 2021/early 2022. We have much more to share! Please contact Elite Technical to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
-5+ years of content writing experience, along with a Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field and years of professional, strategic communications experience
- Basic understanding of Web Content Management tasks and responsibilities. Additionally, seeking experience with a Web Content Management System (ideal platform is LifeRay, but open to other CMS platforms)
- Must be proficient in web methodology standards. They are standing up pages and building out content on the blueweb portal so this is critical
- An understanding of graphic design, print production and electronic communications would be a BIG PLUS
- Thorough understanding of communication strategies and planning; strong understanding of electronic communications, promotions; ability to write for marketing communications, oral and presentation skills; ability to lead a team and work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines.
- A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging and relevant web and print content.
- A proven ability to write with varying tone and the ability to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is of interest to the reader.
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be able to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and presentation skills.
- Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently.
Monday, November 22, 2021
6-12 month T2P
Thursday, October 21, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!