Our client has an immediate opening for a Mainframe oriented IBM Computer Operator located in Chantilly VA. This opportunity is with a strong and stable Financial Institution.
The primary purpose of this job is to ensure efficient and continuous processing of all systems while being consistent with department and computer operations procedures.
**Essential Functions include**
- Day Shift, 12 hour days, 7AM to 7PM rotating 2 day off schedule
o On Mon Tues / Off Wed Thursday
o On Fri Sat Sun. / Off Mon Tues
o On Wed Thur / Off Fri Sat Sun
o On Mon, Tues / Off Wed Thur
o On Fri, Sat, Sun / Off Mon Tues
- Monitors production systems execution to ensure that schedules are met and exceptions are handled according to procedure
- Carry out backup and recovery strategies, and procedures
- Manage pickup and drop-off of off-site backup
- Backup Shift Supervisor. Provide Leadership when called for
- Submit processing as designated per run-logs, automated schedules and procedures. Monitor processing for successful completion.
- Perform advanced research on problems and communicates findings to senior operations staff and resolves JCL and scheduling problems without assistance.
- Monitor and Reset Network equipment per defined policy and procedures
- Call Contract support on systems per stated per defined policy and procedures
Technology: IBM Mainframe, zOS, z Operating System, CICS, Z13, MVS JCL, IBM TS7700 and Virtual Tape Library -.
This position will be on-boarded as 6 months contract to direct. This organization is growing and offers exceptional career advancement opportunities.
- IBM Computer Operator
- CICS , z/OS, IBM Z, Z/VM/, Z Linux, LPAR, JCL etc-
- Operations including, JCL, scheduling, logs, monitoring
- Backup and Recovery concepts, strategies, and procedures
- Must have experience monitoring and supporting a distributed server environment (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Network Devices, follow restart procedures
- Experience working with Contract Vendors
- Reliable with Leadership skills. Mentor Junior personnel when called for
- Ability to cover for supervisor when called for
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and various shifts as needed to meet staffing requirements
- Some local travel may be required
- Must be able to pass a criminal & credit background check and drug test prior to starting
Monday, October 25, 2021
Contract/Temp to Hire
6 months CTH
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!