Elite Technical is seeking a Data Analyst professional, with strong Big Data (Cloudera/Hadoop/Hive etc..) knowledge, to collect and analyze raw Healthcare Insurance data (Claims and Enrollment) to be used by the client to address gaps in operational capabilities and support analytics and reporting projects. The Data Analyst will become an expert in our client's source data and help lead the data mapping effort to migrate the data into our new enterprise data platform. Expectations and capabilities include:
- Data Cleaning - identify erroneous data and determine appropriate resolution
- Analyze and assess the quality and integrity of the data
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Understand the meaning/business context of data
- Acquire data from internal or external data sources and maintain mapping documents of the files, databases/data systems.
- Perform data analysis and data modeling to create source to target mappings.
- Evaluate risk from statistical information to determine risk to operations or non-compliance.
- Perform gap analysis of data requirements versus current data sources.
- Work closely with business analysts and source data experts to develop data requirements.
- Assess current data and assist in the resolution of data anomalies.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports and feedback
- Data profiling experience (Preferably using Abinitio DQE)
This position is a contract to permanent opportunity with our client, who is offering a generous salary and benefits package! Our client is preferring candidates that are local to the Reston VA area, but would be open to considering candidates on the east coast and who are willing to relocate to Reston VA when they return to the office from remote status. The target date for the return to the office is Q1/2022. Please contact Elite Technical if you are interested in learning more!
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
1) 6+ years demonstrated experience as Data Analyst
- Ability to perform complex SQL queries, assess data quality and develop data mappings.
- Data Cleaning - identify erroneous data. Source to target mapping. Requirements gathering.
- Adept at reading data models, data dictionary and figuring out various data points and how they are related to each other
- Multiple data warehousing, ETL, Big Data Analytics projects
- Working in a Development Environment
- Strong knowledge of DB2 and/or Mainframe
2) 5 + years strong Structured Query Language (SQL) writing skills
3) BS Degree Computer Science OR Mathematics OR equivalent experience
4) Healthcare Insurance Industry Experience (Big Plus)
(5) Must have outstanding communication skills
Preferences and Pluses include:
1) MS Degree Computer Science OR Mathematics OR equivalent
2) AWS Cloud
3) Knowledge of HEDIS, Fraud, Waste & Abuse
Monday, December 20, 2021
12 months T2P
Thursday, November 18, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!