Elite Technical is seeking a SQL Backend SW Tester to support the testing efforts for our client, a major healthcare insurance organization, in Reston VA (currently 100% remote but will be returning onsite, in Reston VA, in early 2022 timeframe). We are seeking candidates that have supported LARGE database testing activities as this environment is supporting large amounts of data. The individual will work as part of the Agile (Kanban) and Reporting test team and will assist the Software Testing team with the following tasks:
- Extensive backend testing, ETL Testing and SQL Queries to analyze and validate Source Data vs Target data
-Backend Testing activities
- Accountable for creating, coding and keying accurate and thorough test plans and test cases with pre-determined results. Executes tests and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
- Accountable for analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
- Collaborating with the Test Lead in reviewing business requirement document(s) and Functional Specifications and / or Use Cases for the assigned as input into the creation of testing materials
- Conduct test case peer reviews to ensure test cases accurately capture functionality identified in user acceptance criteria
- Create test data using existing Enrollment and Claims applications
- Generate Excel output of Data Validation results with Expected and Actual results
- Work directly with members (Requirement Analysts, Developers, and Project Manager) of the project to deliver a quality product to the customer
- Maintain traceability between the base-lined business requirements, functional specs / use cases and test scenarios/cases.
- Create manual and automated scripts for regression testing, as needed.
This is a long term contract opportunity with our customer. Please contact Elite Technical immediately if you, or someone you know, is interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity!
- 5-8 years of experience in a technical discipline, 5 of which must be in backend data software testing.
- Strong background in using and managing both front-end and back-end testing tools (e.g. Selenium, SoapUI , Cucumber, Hadoop, Hive, etc.), with emphasis on back-end testing tools
- Must have abilities to write/read very complex SQL queries
- Healthcare Insurance Enrollment or Claims experience (for 1 of the 2 openings)
- Experience in back end testing of large databases.Proven experience to create, maintain and run complex database queries. (Critical)
- Very strong knowledge/hands-on SQL Querying background (Critical)
- Hands on experience in scheduling jobs and executing automated regression suites in CI/CD Pipeline (e.g.: Jenkins) a plus
- Accountable for analyzing User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and preparing test cases/scripts
- Experience creating, modifying and maintaining test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and automated test scripts
- Extensive experience with relational database management systems (e.g. MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
- Proven proficiency with: SQL and PL/SQL
- Proven experience with Defect Tracking and management tools(e.g. ALM, AGM, JIRA or others) and Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process
- Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall software development life cycle (SDLC) models
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Any big data knowledge/testing experience (Hadoop, Hive, Cloudera etc..)
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience with Jira and Java families of products for automation, testing and defect tracking
- Experience with Selenium, Cucumber, and Business Driven Development (BDD)
Monday, August 29, 2022
Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!