Elite Technical is seeking a Senior/Lead level Creative Designer with strong skills in presentation design, brand identity, marketing and communications collateral, digital/web communications media and data visualization. This position will work collaboratively with the Brand team, Communications team and various stakeholders to execute on a variety of projects including building the organizational brand, creative for annual conferences, video storyboards, landing pages or microsites, animations, email templates, PowerPoint presentations and information graphics that communicate our story and engage customers through visual story-telling and compelling media. The candidate must have the ability to communicate a brand, product or project through clean, impactful design. Must be able to translate content into a storyboard to ensure presentations convey the intent of the content and work collaboratively with writers, editors, vendors and other stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, critical thinking, and good judgment.
- Capable of taking high-level creative direction/strategies and translating to design direction.
- Think strategically when developing solutions.
- Proactively liaise with multiple cross-functional groups and customers to understand business drivers and needs.
- Develop and/or understand creative briefs to establish a design direction.
- Able to present ideas to leadership and position rationale for direction.
- Utilize skills in layout, typography, data visualization, color, and illustration to design and execute impactful communications/marketing deliverables.
- Work with print, digital and/or video vendors and submit properly specified and prepared files and formats.
- Build branded templates that are easy-to-use by clients and stakeholders.
- Collaborate effectively across the organization.
- Critique design concepts and provide mentoring and coaching as necessary to colleagues.
Research, Planning and Administration
- Gather and study information and materials needed to establish design direction.
- Understand target audience to deliver the best visual solution for the audience needs.
- Build deep knowledge of the organization, our story and our technology solutions and services.
- Project manages work from ideation to completion.
This position is supporting our client, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization in Washington DC. This position is a long term contract position. This position is 100% remote at this time with the possibility of going onsite in early 2022. Candidates that are local to the DC/MD/VA area are preferred and are more likely to achieve contract extensions and/or conversion to FTE status. Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- 8+ years of experience as an art director, visual or graphic designer. Specifically seeking someone that has a strong branding/re-branding history
- Bachelor-s degree in design or related field is required, along with a portfolio to present prior to interviewing
- Well-rounded understanding of design function.
- Proven design skills, including typography.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint, and general skill in other Microsoft Office applications. Print and digital experience.
- Capable of working in a fast, fluid environment with changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Attention to detail and the ability to take a project from ideation to completion.
- Customer focus and highly collaborative work ethic.
- Strong communications skills.
- Handles rejection with growth mind-set.
- Experience collaborating with a UX/UI team and knowledge of design needs for web/digital. Basic UI/UX knowledge/experience is required
- Ability to coach and mentor junior colleagues.
- Experience with brand, brand building, identity design and standards development.
- Experience with animation and video a plus.
- B2B experience helpful.
Monday, December 20, 2021
Monday, November 22, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!