Immediate opportunity for a Windows Systems Engineer for our customer based in Winchester VA. In this position, the candidate will perform moderately complex systems engineering activities such as design, modification, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems. Coordinates with the client to determine requirements to support specific business functions. Provides training on enhancements, maintenance, and operation of systems. Manages or assists with the implementation and rollout of solutions. Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of moderately complex software applications. Specialized experience includes analysis, design, or maintenance of complex software systems, including simulations and modeling, client/server architectures, networking techniques and protocols, databases, programming languages, and/or operating systems
- Design, integration, and management of the client systems while ensuring that all aspects and components of the system are considered and integrated as a whole entity.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Requirements engineering, reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, testing and evaluation, security and maintainability for the successful system development, design, and implementation of the client project.
- Create and complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using relational databases (SQL), Excel and other data management systems. -
- Monitor existing metrics as well as develop and propose new metrics.
- Gather and analyze functional requirements and create a shared understanding with internal and external stakeholders.
- Clearly articulate feature requirements through an agile development process.
- Perform daily system monitoring, analyze logs, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Provide support to the Product Owner with backlog prioritization, feature sequencing and organization, user acceptance testing, and other tasks, as needed.
This position requires a DOD Top Secret Clearance, and is stationed at our customer-s location in Winchester VA. This position is a fulltime/direct opportunity directly with our customer, who is offering a generous salary and benefits package. Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security Clearance
- Bachelor-s degree in an IT related field with 5-7 years of technical experience. Experience may be substituted for degree.
- Strong Windows Server infrastructure and network required.(Active Directory, LAN, WAN, DNS)
- Thorough technical knowledge in software development methodologies (AGILE).
- Knowledge of storage, application servers and open/hyper converged infrastructure.
- Experience in carrying out the requirements, design, and development testing, implementation and support phases of enterprise system project.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure application to enterprise deployments.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level, excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Monday, January 31, 2022
Direct Placement or 6 month RTH
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!