We have immediate WORK FROM HOME contract position for a Google Cloud DBA with strong NoSQL to be part of a team to migrate from AWS to GCP.
Our client is hiring a team to help migrate their client-s cloud platform from AWS to GCP. The data platform will consist of several stages, starting from raw data ingested from the core client's site on one end, to reporting/visualization software and services on the back end providing insights and reports to the business and application.
The project is broken down into (4) phases:
Phase I (this phase has already started): There are two primary goals of this phase - the setup of the GCP infrastructure for the Data Platform and its associated tooling, as well as the ingest of Event data from the client's application into Big Query and the creation of associated reports (approximately 6-8 months).
Phase II: Primarily involves augmenting the capabilities of the end-to-end platform. Secondly, they will integrate billing and Segment, two important 3rd party data providers, using Google-s event-driven, queue-based framework, Google PubSub. Integrating Segment also presents the opportunity to bootstrap a data governance program (approximately 5 months)
Phase III: Involves building two new capabilities to enable the business. The team will build a data discoverability service. This will leverage Google Data Catalog and additional microservices to enable users to locate relevant collections and data sets. Also deliver an infrastructure for machine learning and predictive analytics primarily through Google-s managed Spark service, Google Dataproc. The goal is to construct one template pipeline that can be used as a -starting point- for future machine learning initiatives (approximately 3 months)
Phase IV: The final phase will integrate third party Segment sources like Salesforce, Braze, Clearbit, etc. into the data lake. Also migrate any remaining data from AWS and decommission AWS data stores. Finally, integrate with outbound data providers like Optimizely using the client's REST-based microservice framework (approximately 3-9 months)
- BS Degree preferred
- 5+ years as an enterprise production DBA supporting mission critical database systems
- Experience migrating to Google BigQuery is a PLUS.
- Strong Knowledge and hands-on experiences of cloud-based RDBMS NoSQL, MySQL (ElasticSearch, Neo4j etc.) database systems
- Strong knowledge of query language and the proficient in SQL
- Experience with database management (configuration, capacity planning, security policy enforcement etc.), maintenance, performance tuning, etc.
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Experience with source control systems (prefer Github)
- Strong communication skills
Remote / Home Based,
Monday, January 10, 2022
6 months with option to extend
Friday, December 17, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!