Elite Technical is seeking a Communications Specialist located in Washington DC (currently 100% remote but will be returning to DC office office in 2022) charged with executing logistics milestones in support of Conferences, special events, and other duties as needed. This person will report to Manager, Strategic Communications. The incumbent will also be responsible for crafting and editing conference content in the form of PowerPoint presentations, whitepapers and multi-media surveys. The individual will produce effective content in collaboration with product teams to assure accurate audience appropriate product information is delivered. This position works with supervision to maintain project progress and support conference presentation content development.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for executing meeting and conference logistics in support of Conferences.
- Conference Planning and Support
- Liaise with vendors, presenters and keynote speakers to assure content is delivered in a timely manner.
- Prepare post-show internal reports, which will include quantitative results as well as qualitative feedback.
- Assist with ensuring event compliance with insurance, legal, health, safety and building obligations.
- Manage task lists, milestone schedules, and accurate guest lists for multiple events at once.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty. All team members participate in every facet of our events: set-up, execution, and evaluation. No task is too large or too small for the right candidate.
Content Development and Delivery
- Interview subject matter experts and critical stakeholders to develop appropriate content.
- Familiarity with leveraging digital content management systems
- Effectively write and edit clear, concise content for digital formats.
- Attend internal meetings, representing communications perspective.
- Carefully select images or create graphics to accompany presentations.
- Adhere to company content standards and style guide and meet FEPOC contract compliance.
- Maintain consistent quality, style, tone, and voice throughout digital channels.
- Review and edit contributions of subject matter experts and other content contributors.
- Ensure communications comply with company style guide and content standards.
- Track effectiveness of presentations.
- Bachelor-s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, hospitality or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- A proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills, and a passion for creating engaging content.
- Strong command of proper grammar and professional prose and adherence to the AP Stylebook.
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, sometimes under pressure and often tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
- Ability to work with and without supervision to manage multiple tasks with time sensitive deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and presentation skills.
- Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can work independently.
- A creative thinker who embraces and drives change.
- A strong relationship builder and influencer who is comfortable communicating with associates and customers at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
Washington DC, DC
Monday, February 7, 2022
Friday, January 14, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!