Elite Technical is seeking an IT Training Specialist located in the DC area (currently 100% remote but will be returning to the DC office in a "Hybrid" schedule, no more than 2 days per week). This position is responsible for our client's development training for associates and BCBSA Plans. Training conducted spans a wide range of functional or technical content areas, including: computer systems, software tools and our client's processes.
- Develop and deliver instructionally sound educational and training materials in a variety of formats to the satisfaction of clients.
- Deliver Instructor-led Training to the expectations and satisfaction of clients.
- Master content from existing sources well enough to communicate it in plain language.
- Collaborate with SMEs, instructors, clients, and internal staff in the development and delivery of high-quality curricula and courses and associated support materials using a systematic, repeatable approach.
- Acts as an internal expert to review, modify, and redesign training materials produced by others to reflect current research and best practices.
- Provides feedback and guidance on classroom and online facilitation best practices and staff who are called upon to teach specific in-depth classes.
- Leverage Adobe Captivate or other eLearning technologies, design and develop training programs and job aids for instructors and learners in online synchronous environments. Implement course materials in learning management system or other approved channel.
- Design instructionally sound educational and training materials in a variety of media and modalities.
- Design simple job aids (e.g., decision tables, step-action charts, quick reference guides).
- Work with technical development staff as appropriate to assure faithful implementation of designs.
- Document project-specific processes and standards.
- Implement Section 508 and SCORM requirements for training products
- Bachelor-s Degree, preferably in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Distance Learning, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of experience as an Instructional Designer in either higher education or Government environments.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Captivate Suite
- Experience designing a variety of types of technology-enabled learning solutions (e.g., e-Learning, interactive multimedia, synchronous and asynchronous online training, games, simulations, informal learning opportunities).
- Experience applying learning theories to the design of effective learning solutions for synchronous and asynchronous environments.
- Expert-level design and development of courses using tools such Adobe Captivate, inclusive of audio-enablement and interactivity.
- Experience designing training for SDLC/PMLC staff.
- Experience developing and delivering training for a variety of software tools and technology concepts such as Agile, Waterfall, Software Development Lifecycle and Project Management Lifecycle, among others.
- Experience developing learning solutions addressing higher-level thinking.
Washington DC & Remote, DC
Monday, January 24, 2022
Contract/Temp to Hire
6 months CTH
Friday, January 14, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!