Immediate need for a Senior Level (10+ years), Project Delivery Manager to support our customer, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization, in Reston VA (100% remote right now due to COVID but will be returning to the Reston office in 2022). We are seeking delivery project managers that has experience in the full lifecycle of SW delivery, from inception to delivery, to support our client-s initiative to launch a modernization project for their claims product. Experience with delivery a healthcare product is very attractive to our customer. Similar experience with data gateways or data exchange would also be beneficial. Our client is seeking candidates that are comfortable within large projects and has recently managed a $10M budget (forecasting, resource planning, managing month to month variances, etc-) Some responsibilities include:
- Determines Project goals and priorities with management, program manager and/or project sponsors.
- Creates all project planning documentation (including updates, status reports, etc.) and follows all project methodologies (PMLC/SDLC).
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, capital planning procedures and agency guidance. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the projects objectives and motivate the cross functional project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by the entire team. Establishes and publishes clear priorities among project activities. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
- Directs/leads project teams comprised of subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, and capital planning procedures.
- Oversees the design, development, testing, and implementation of technical and functional specifications of a project technology system. Negotiates Statement of Work/Scope of Services for IT products and services. Develops information systems testing strategies, plans or scenarios.
- Manages the Project Budget with overall budget accountability. Manages project budgets for both expense and capital against the original project budget. Forecast budget via Clarity, maintain forecast through the lifecycle, and manage budget variance. Provides regular updates to project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of the budget. Documents and reports on reasons for budget variances. Maintains current statements of work for all vendors; track and approve contractor invoices in a timely manner.
This position is slated to become a FTE/Permanent employee to our client after several months of contracting. Are you a Software Delivery Project Manager? Have you managed the entire Project MGT Lifecycle with a budget of $10M? Then you should contact Elite Technical immediately to learn more about this opportunity!
-Minimum of 10 years of Software Delivery Project Management experience. Must have a min. of 5 years of working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Must have full Project Management SW Delivery Lifecycle understanding/experience (from planning, to charter, to delivery). Knowledge of and experience in managing full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Projects is required along with experience with direct project management and release management experience is required.
-Experience managing a product launch effort, specifically within the healthcare insurance field, would be a big plus!
- Previous employment experience within the Healthcare Insurance industry (Federal or Commerical) would be a big plus!
- Must have solid understandings and hands-on expertise with project budget/financial project related tasks (i.e: resource planning, risk/cost management, forecasting projects, stakeholder analysis, building resource plans etc.-). Specifically, we are seeking candidates that have managed budgets of $10M or more
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical!
- PMP Certification is a plus
Monday, September 12, 2022
12 months (Poss T2P)
Friday, August 12, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!