Seeking a Sr. IT Project Manager with strong finance and budget skills to work on LMS (Learning Management System) /Education platforms. The PM will be working with a large development team and a Scrum Master.
The initial contract is for (6) months with high likelihood of extension to one year based on performance and business need. The person MUST be local to Long Island City willing to work in the LIC Office at least 2-days per week.
- Management of project finances including the creation of project budgets and forecasts
- Report on financial data
- Manage planning, analysis, design, development, and implementation across multiple projects
- Collaborate with project/governance teams to kick off new projects and report status
- Provide management and strategic direction to project teams including vendors and internal resources
- Identify/implement opportunities for cost savings
- Identify and manage project risks (including escalation to senior leadership when necessary) to ensure the on-time delivery of business goals
- Ensure global project reporting requirements are delivered
- Lead onboarding of additional program resources (business analyst, junior project manager, etc.)
- 7+ years of Project Management
- Must have a solid finance and budgeting skills - must be comfortable managing a several million dollar budget; MUST understand accruals and how prior commitments impact project spend
- Must have an Agile background and be experienced running ceremonies, working Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills and other pm tools (i.e. MS Teams).
- Must understand Agile & Waterfall.
- Need someone who is forward thinking and can be strategic with decisions
Long Island City, NY
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
6 months with option to extend
Thursday, May 5, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!