Immediate opportunity for a Senior Web Editor!! The Senior Web Editor responsibilities include but are not limited to: supporting the development of new content, content edits and new website sections on external-facing web/digital properties. The role effectively drives corporate business strategy, goals, and priorities in partnership with the content strategist/information architect, other web specialist(s), UX/UI and the product team. The selected candidate must lead web content projects, keeping business stakeholders and managers/senior leaders informed of the progress. In addition, there are day-to-day activities that include writing and editing copy for the web and rethinking site content and organization for usability enhancements. This role works independently and serves as a subject matter expert to ensure quality of content for users.
** 50% - Works with business stakeholders, the strategist/information architect, and others to support the development of quality site content that marries business strategy and goals with user needs.
** 25% - Manages the organization and editing of content as required by business needs/goals and ensures proper web content styles/standards, writing style, grammar, etc., and search engine optimization guidelines are followed.
** 15% - Develops new processes and oversees creation/maintenance of all Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents and standards for web content editing and production.
** 10% - On-boards new team members by training and educating them on the corporate processes, best-practices and style guidelines.
This position is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of conversion to FTE status with our customer, a major Federal Healthcare Insurance organization based in Washington DC. This position is 100% remote now but will be onsite by the end of 2022.
- Bachelor-s degree in English or related field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor-s degree, and additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- 5+ years- experience with web editing, web content, web content management
- Ability to seek out and proactively engage stakeholders with recommendations and requirements for site improvements is necessary. Individual must lead the change.
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects while keeping stakeholders and content owners informed of progress and aware of any potential problems.
- Ability to think globally and understand how content edits on one area of any particular web property may impact other areas of the site and/or related content.
- Ability to communicate challenges or technical information in a non-technical manner to management and internal content/business owners and stakeholders.
- Experience working in Content Management Systems.
- Superior English and grammar skills and ability to follow a corporate style guide; experience in web content management, writing and editing.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge in MS Office Suite.
Additional Skills and Abilities
- This position requires high productivity and high responsiveness to inquiries and stakeholder needs, excellent resolution skills and ability to self-assess constantly shifting priorities to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Strong customer service focus and analytical way of thinking.
- Self-starter with an ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills and excruciating meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team environment skills.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution, as well as being available to support after-hours and weekend project deployments. Occasional travel to some CareFirst locations may be required.
Monday, July 11, 2022
12 months++ (Poss T2P)
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!