Immediate, FTE opportunity with our client, a government IT integration organization supporting the United States Government's Unified Communication tasks across the country. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an electronics technician responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing high-end video teleconferencing, audio, and other telecommunications. The selected candidate will be a Level 2 UC Installer Technician that should be familiar with and know how to accomplish the following tasks through on-the-job training and formal certifications for the Technician level:
- Capability to perform site surveys, develop job plans, demonstrate and follow common safety practices
- Install Grounding Infrastructure.
- Installation of Cable Support Systems
- Pulling Cable.
- Complete IDC terminations, UTP (Krone, BIX, 110, 66), ScTP, STP-A, Cross connect blocks, Patch Panels
This position requires up to 75% travel to government and non-government work sites and includes 1.5 OT, competitive benefits and all expenses paid. There are two openings available. One opening to be staffed in Greensboro NC, and the other can be filled in one of the following locations: Rock Island, IL or Davenport, IA or Chantilly, VA. When not traveling, the selected candidate will have to be onsite to assist with equipment building/shipment for installs.
Want to learn more? Then you should contact Elite Technical right away for consideration!
- Due to the government nature of this position, candidates must be US Citizens.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance is highly preferred, but not required (must be clearable to gain a clearance)
- Avixa CTS and/or CTS-I certification is highly preferred. Candidates without CTS and/or CTS-I cert will be required to acquire one within 90 days of employment.
- Additional industry and manufacturer certifications/trainings such as Cisco, QSC, Crestron, AMX, Biamp, Extron, Networking, Control Systems, and Endpoints are strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in AV/IP/Unified Communications experience.
- Must have experience with Cisco UC related products
-Must have demonstrated knowledge of LAN topologies (Ethernet, token ring). LAN/ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards. LAN components (Servers, hubs, routers, bridges)
- Must be able to read blueprints/floor plans to conduct visual site inspections and complete installing tasks
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of multi-classification Audio Visual systems.
- Must have demonstrated safety practices and knowledge of safety standards.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA-568-A, 569-A, 606, 607, and the National Electric Code.
- Must have the ability to regularly lift 25 to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds. Must have the ability to climb ladders and work from scaffolding in overhead areas, installing and securing various AV components
Rock Island, IL or Davenport, IA or Chantilly, VA or Greensboro, NC
Monday, November 21, 2022
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!